Winni
Apr 13, 03:06 AM
MS chose not to support calDEV, so no support for google calendars :(
MS Office is BUSINESS software, and Google calendars is not necessarily what I would call a widely accepted and adopted business solution. What the typical Office customer wants is Sharepoint and Exchange Server integration.
(Project and Visio ports would also be more than welcome. OmniGraffle Pro is nice, but most hardcore Visio users either don't find it suitable or just are not comfortable with its different user interface.)
MS Office is BUSINESS software, and Google calendars is not necessarily what I would call a widely accepted and adopted business solution. What the typical Office customer wants is Sharepoint and Exchange Server integration.
(Project and Visio ports would also be more than welcome. OmniGraffle Pro is nice, but most hardcore Visio users either don't find it suitable or just are not comfortable with its different user interface.)
mdelvecchio
Mar 23, 04:17 PM
Meh. Integrated stuff always fails first. See VHS/TV and DVD/TV combo units, or the lack of updates (and eventual phase-out) for TVs with built-in cable or sat tuners. I'll take it separately, thanks.
so you have a stand-alone tuner, then, i take it? same thing.
so you have a stand-alone tuner, then, i take it? same thing.
ClaraJames
Jan 17, 12:28 AM
It is really a great move! I have heard a news that Facebook has launched a software which will tell about all thing about a person whose picture you will post in facebook.
Rt&Dzine
Apr 8, 12:10 AM
People won't have sex if they aren't educated about birth control.
more...
DaveGee
Apr 16, 03:50 PM
I'm not a developer and have no idea what their policies are but will say I think it's a bit lame to have that double standard. If I was the cartoonist I wouldn't have resubmitted it.
THANK YOU! :)
THANK YOU! :)
Molnies
Sep 25, 09:58 AM
how many of us actually care much about aperture...?
Anybody that is a photographer?
At least I care alot, and this could mean a whole lot of improvement for my company.
Anybody that is a photographer?
At least I care alot, and this could mean a whole lot of improvement for my company.
more...
Ambrose Chapel
Dec 28, 09:17 AM
Wake up Apple.
I'm pretty sure Apple is well aware of how royally ATT is screwing things up. The only questions are: 1) when does ATT's exclusivity actually end, and 2) which other carriers will Apple partner with.
I'm pretty sure Apple is well aware of how royally ATT is screwing things up. The only questions are: 1) when does ATT's exclusivity actually end, and 2) which other carriers will Apple partner with.
obeygiant
Apr 8, 11:27 AM
Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown (R) said Tuesday he does not support a GOP proposal to slash funding for Planned Parenthood, saying the cuts go too far.
Brown is the second GOP senator to oppose the measure, which House Republicans want to attach to a long-term spending bill.
"I support family planning and health services for women," Brown said in a statement. "Given our severe budget problems, I don't believe any area of the budget is completely immune from cuts. However, the proposal to eliminate all funding for family planning goes too far."
House Republicans have pushed for language cutting $300 million in federal aid and grants to Planned Parenthood, which provides abortions. The federal Hyde Amendment prohibits federal funding for abortion services, but anti-abortion rights activists and conservative lawmakers insist federal money that goes to Planned Parenthood for contraception and other reproductive health services could help indirectly fund abortions.
It is not clear from Brown's statement whether his opposition would lead him to vote against a spending bill that included the ban on Planned Parenthood funding. Brown voted in early March for the House Republican long-term continuing resolution that contained the cuts and did not specify how he would vote if it came up again.
"As we continue with our budget negotiations, I hope we can find a compromise that is reasonable and appropriate," he said.
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) has also said she opposes cutting off funding for Planned Parenthood. Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) has voiced support for keeping funding for another family planning program.the hill (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/151205-scott-brown-gops-planned-parenthood-cuts-go-too-far)
I think maybe if you're cutting 4 trillion from the budget, every single item would be effected. If we cut defense spending does that mean we want to be attacked?
Brown is the second GOP senator to oppose the measure, which House Republicans want to attach to a long-term spending bill.
"I support family planning and health services for women," Brown said in a statement. "Given our severe budget problems, I don't believe any area of the budget is completely immune from cuts. However, the proposal to eliminate all funding for family planning goes too far."
House Republicans have pushed for language cutting $300 million in federal aid and grants to Planned Parenthood, which provides abortions. The federal Hyde Amendment prohibits federal funding for abortion services, but anti-abortion rights activists and conservative lawmakers insist federal money that goes to Planned Parenthood for contraception and other reproductive health services could help indirectly fund abortions.
It is not clear from Brown's statement whether his opposition would lead him to vote against a spending bill that included the ban on Planned Parenthood funding. Brown voted in early March for the House Republican long-term continuing resolution that contained the cuts and did not specify how he would vote if it came up again.
"As we continue with our budget negotiations, I hope we can find a compromise that is reasonable and appropriate," he said.
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) has also said she opposes cutting off funding for Planned Parenthood. Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) has voiced support for keeping funding for another family planning program.the hill (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/151205-scott-brown-gops-planned-parenthood-cuts-go-too-far)
I think maybe if you're cutting 4 trillion from the budget, every single item would be effected. If we cut defense spending does that mean we want to be attacked?
more...
AndroidfoLife
Apr 17, 02:20 AM
Apple Ipad Replaces Computer... Computer required
teme
Apr 5, 08:45 AM
I don't buy it. What a nightmare that would be if just touching that area of the iPod took you back to the home screen. (Even the MacBook trackpads require a physical 'click' in order to register.) This would be a usability disaster.
I agree. When I'm holding my iPod horizontally, I usually always rest my thumb over home button.
I agree. When I'm holding my iPod horizontally, I usually always rest my thumb over home button.
more...
AidenShaw
Apr 27, 10:27 AM
Thanks Palter. Based on all your input, I booked my ticket on a 7 P.M. flight. Hopefully I can leave Moscone by 5 P.M. and make it. I assume it will take a bit longer than usual at that time of the day to get to San Francisco International Airport -SFO ( Google says half an hour with traffic )
BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) runs to the airport - the closest station is under Market St at Powell, a couple of blocks from Moscone. No traffic worries.
http://www.bart.gov/images/global/system-map29.gif
BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) runs to the airport - the closest station is under Market St at Powell, a couple of blocks from Moscone. No traffic worries.
http://www.bart.gov/images/global/system-map29.gif
Moz316
Apr 6, 12:09 AM
There's no such thing as a 'normal person'. The 'normal people' he is reffering to are the computer illiterate. Being computer illiterate dosen't make you normal.
more...
alent1234
Mar 24, 02:46 PM
might have to buy a second one now
Dr.Pants
Mar 27, 11:38 AM
I take it none of you seem to remember this:
http://imgur.com/dWw7V.jpg
http://imgur.com/dWw7V.jpg
more...

iHarrison
Jan 6, 03:16 PM
someone explain this to me.....wouldn't activating push notifications absolutely KILL my iPhone 3GS battery life?? I've never been able to figure out if push notifications are bad to turn on cause they drain battery life?
Thanks!
Thanks!
surf2snow1
Mar 24, 05:48 PM
I just got off the phone with sale rep, and all they have is 32gb and 64gb left. When asked about the price, she said $500 for 32gb (??). I mentioned the article and she still said $500. Weird? Is there an official link to this somewhere on the verizon site, as all I can see is it bundled with mifi @ 429.99 (16gb).
My store knew about the price drop and they had the price tag on the display updated. At the bottom of the price sheet that shows the iPad2 and iPad1 prices, it showed 299/399/499 for the different models. My guess is if you buy it in store, it should ring up at the lower price.
My store knew about the price drop and they had the price tag on the display updated. At the bottom of the price sheet that shows the iPad2 and iPad1 prices, it showed 299/399/499 for the different models. My guess is if you buy it in store, it should ring up at the lower price.
more...
Jako7286
May 2, 04:04 PM
thicker thinner, is it really worth front page news? let us have news of obama bin ladens death!
Um... This is MacRumors. So... front page news = new news and... yes?
Um... This is MacRumors. So... front page news = new news and... yes?
topgunn
Sep 19, 03:43 PM
Also, why two different downloads? Surely they could be incorporated into the same file...
Not everyone will want to install BOTH updates.
Not everyone will want to install BOTH updates.
bumzo1
Mar 5, 01:55 PM
I'm probably going to hit up the northpark store
jtara
Apr 12, 02:15 PM
Office for Mac or Office for Windows? Easy decision.
I haven't opened VMWare Fusion for months, since I installed Office for Mac.
YMMV.
Sure, some of us will have specific needs that are only available on Windows. But for most of us, the last thing we need that requires Windows (that we haven't already moved over to a native OSX solution) is Office.
Office for Mac and Office for Windows have been leap-frogging for some time, so you're going to have a slightly newer version depending on which platform you are on. Currently, the newer version is Mac. Next year I suppose it will be Windows.
But in any case, it's certainly no longer true (though it once was) that Office for Mac is the ugly step-sister.
I haven't opened VMWare Fusion for months, since I installed Office for Mac.
YMMV.
Sure, some of us will have specific needs that are only available on Windows. But for most of us, the last thing we need that requires Windows (that we haven't already moved over to a native OSX solution) is Office.
Office for Mac and Office for Windows have been leap-frogging for some time, so you're going to have a slightly newer version depending on which platform you are on. Currently, the newer version is Mac. Next year I suppose it will be Windows.
But in any case, it's certainly no longer true (though it once was) that Office for Mac is the ugly step-sister.
thesmileman
Mar 11, 07:38 AM
....
TallGuy1970
Mar 23, 03:00 PM
I figured this would be coming once I seen the Pioneer VSX-1021-K.
Me too! I am in the market for a new home theater set up, and the Pioneer was near the top of my list because of its compatibility with AirPlay. It would be nice to have it built in my new LED TV as well.
Me too! I am in the market for a new home theater set up, and the Pioneer was near the top of my list because of its compatibility with AirPlay. It would be nice to have it built in my new LED TV as well.
seanf
Sep 20, 03:11 AM
Ok just so my pea brain has a proper handle on this, are people saying that all I have to do is simply install XP, off of my XP disk, onto a free HDD, and viola, I am done? I'll assume that I will also need some drivers for video, and such as well...If you have a RAID setup you cannot run Bootcamp, but you can get the drivers. Find the Bootcamp package, right click on it and select Show Contents. Then find an image file in the Window that comes up and burn this to a CD. If you don't have a RAID setup just run Bootcamp and select the option to burn drivers to a CD - don't go through the partitioning bit.
You need to configure the drive where you will install Windows as a Windows boot drive. To do this go into Disk Utility, select the drive you want to install XP on, format the drive as MS-DOS and set the options to Master Boot Record (very important or you wont be able to boot XP). Once you have done these stick your XP installation CD in and shutdown your Mac. Remove all hard drives, except for the one you want to install XP on and start your Mac by holding the command or c key. Once you've installed put your other drives back in and you should be able to boot OS X and XP.
Sean :)
You need to configure the drive where you will install Windows as a Windows boot drive. To do this go into Disk Utility, select the drive you want to install XP on, format the drive as MS-DOS and set the options to Master Boot Record (very important or you wont be able to boot XP). Once you have done these stick your XP installation CD in and shutdown your Mac. Remove all hard drives, except for the one you want to install XP on and start your Mac by holding the command or c key. Once you've installed put your other drives back in and you should be able to boot OS X and XP.
Sean :)
Popeye206
Apr 21, 01:42 PM
Could these be Apples baby-steps into the console Market?
I predict we're going to hear about more than baby steps before the end of the year. If Apple really takes on gaming, it could be really cool with all the devices you could have for interaction and play.
I think we'll hear more from the WDC.
I predict we're going to hear about more than baby steps before the end of the year. If Apple really takes on gaming, it could be really cool with all the devices you could have for interaction and play.
I think we'll hear more from the WDC.
No comments:
Post a Comment