MattInOz
Apr 28, 10:52 PM
Among Samsung's patents that Apple allegedly infringed, there's this one:
Which Apple product uses a trace of stylus???
Newton?
They've been hanging on to this one for a while.
Which Apple product uses a trace of stylus???
Newton?
They've been hanging on to this one for a while.
kyle.booth.95
Feb 22, 02:11 AM
how can i record multiple channels from a yamaha o1v96 with midi out into my mac with garageband. And be able to mix later.
Winni
Apr 29, 07:13 AM
... when we are willing to work for $10 a day.
That day is not far away.
That day is not far away.
cirus
Apr 20, 04:25 PM
Image (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/20/ios-platform-reach-exceeds-androids-by-59-in-u-s/)
While much has been made of Android's rapid gains in the smartphone market that has seen it surge past the iPhone, a perhaps equally vocal contingent has pointed out that iOS is much larger than just the iPhone and that Android has only just started pushing into the tablet market and has yet to forge an effort into the non-phone touch device market.
But yesterday, comScore finally put some numbers behind (http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events/Press_Releases/2011/4/Apple_iOS_Platform_Outreaches_Android_by_59_Percent_in_U.S) that latter argument, building off its earlier report (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/04/verizon-iphone-leads-u-s-mobile-phone-sales-in-february-as-android-surge-continues/) regarding February data on smartphone usage to reveal that the overall iOS platform of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch reaches 37.9 million users in the U.S., 59% greater than the reach of Android.Rather than simply counting device sales, comScore's data tracks individual users, making that 37.9 million number reflective of users (some of whom have more than one iOS device) rather than devices directly.
As a result, Apple's iOS reaches 16.2% of the 234 million mobile platform users in the United States, with Android registering at 10.2% with 23.8 million users.
But perhaps most notably, comScore finds that there is not a tremendous amount of overlap in users, with only 10.5% of iOS users accessing the system from multiple devices such as an iPhone and iPad or iPhone and iPod touch.
Image (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/20/155149-comscore_ipad_smartphone_feb11.jpg)
The survey also shows a broad appeal for the iPad, moving well beyond existing iPhone users to appeal to users of smartphones from a number of other companies. In particular, LG, Samsung, and Nokia smartphone users are overrepresented when it comes to iPad ownership, while users of Research in Motion and Motorola smartphones are somewhat underrepresented in iPad ownership. According to the survey, only 27.3% of iPad owners are also iPhone owners, while 17.5% are BlackBerry owners, 14.3% are Samsung owners, and 12.1% are LG owners.
Article Link: iOS Platform Reach Exceeds Android's By 59% in U.S. (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/20/ios-platform-reach-exceeds-androids-by-59-in-u-s/)
I don't think that they should include the ipod touch. There is no android equivalent. iOS has been out longer too, they will have previous market saturation (android released october 2008 more than a year after iOS). We need to look at the growth numbers.
I like how they can track individual users (scares me).
While much has been made of Android's rapid gains in the smartphone market that has seen it surge past the iPhone, a perhaps equally vocal contingent has pointed out that iOS is much larger than just the iPhone and that Android has only just started pushing into the tablet market and has yet to forge an effort into the non-phone touch device market.
But yesterday, comScore finally put some numbers behind (http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events/Press_Releases/2011/4/Apple_iOS_Platform_Outreaches_Android_by_59_Percent_in_U.S) that latter argument, building off its earlier report (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/04/verizon-iphone-leads-u-s-mobile-phone-sales-in-february-as-android-surge-continues/) regarding February data on smartphone usage to reveal that the overall iOS platform of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch reaches 37.9 million users in the U.S., 59% greater than the reach of Android.Rather than simply counting device sales, comScore's data tracks individual users, making that 37.9 million number reflective of users (some of whom have more than one iOS device) rather than devices directly.
As a result, Apple's iOS reaches 16.2% of the 234 million mobile platform users in the United States, with Android registering at 10.2% with 23.8 million users.
But perhaps most notably, comScore finds that there is not a tremendous amount of overlap in users, with only 10.5% of iOS users accessing the system from multiple devices such as an iPhone and iPad or iPhone and iPod touch.
Image (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/20/155149-comscore_ipad_smartphone_feb11.jpg)
The survey also shows a broad appeal for the iPad, moving well beyond existing iPhone users to appeal to users of smartphones from a number of other companies. In particular, LG, Samsung, and Nokia smartphone users are overrepresented when it comes to iPad ownership, while users of Research in Motion and Motorola smartphones are somewhat underrepresented in iPad ownership. According to the survey, only 27.3% of iPad owners are also iPhone owners, while 17.5% are BlackBerry owners, 14.3% are Samsung owners, and 12.1% are LG owners.
Article Link: iOS Platform Reach Exceeds Android's By 59% in U.S. (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/20/ios-platform-reach-exceeds-androids-by-59-in-u-s/)
I don't think that they should include the ipod touch. There is no android equivalent. iOS has been out longer too, they will have previous market saturation (android released october 2008 more than a year after iOS). We need to look at the growth numbers.
I like how they can track individual users (scares me).
more...
Prom1
Sep 12, 08:11 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z112/aer0sm1th/122.jpg
I guess that's the G-Rated version ;).
I guess that's the G-Rated version ;).
jessica.
Mar 27, 08:29 PM
Are you the seller for this Iphone's photo? the seller name is Dan as well as you are. :rolleyes:
Umm he said he was. :rolleyes:
Umm he said he was. :rolleyes:
more...
iApache
Oct 12, 03:39 PM
http://uppix.net/1/7/c/fa5ca0076798f76c89b548c16b81ftt.jpg (http://uppix.net/1/7/c/fa5ca0076798f76c89b548c16b81f.html)
Wallpaper please?
Wallpaper please?
Caetano
Mar 25, 03:38 PM
I'm seeing/hearing the phrase post-PC device/era a bit too often for comfort. I like the iOS devices but for me the Mac is still by far the most important product that Apple make and I hope it continues for a long time to come. I look forward to seeing what they come up with for Maps though.
more...
DiamondMac
Apr 7, 11:41 AM
I wonder how many of these posts are trolls? I haven't had any issues whatsoever with 4.3.1. I also didn't have any problems with 4.3; battery life has been absolutely stellar and call performance actually improved in 4.3.1.
The timing of all these "bitching" posts just seems suspicious.
Huh? You find people "bitching" about the current software suspicious?
You been on this forum since how long? 2007? You ever happen to see a single software thread (no matter the version) not full of bitching? Because if you haven't please show me.
Almost all versions have had some issues with them so people bitching about it seems quite normal.
The timing of all these "bitching" posts just seems suspicious.
Huh? You find people "bitching" about the current software suspicious?
You been on this forum since how long? 2007? You ever happen to see a single software thread (no matter the version) not full of bitching? Because if you haven't please show me.
Almost all versions have had some issues with them so people bitching about it seems quite normal.
alexbasson
Apr 6, 01:56 PM
am I the only one that thinks this is not enough?
I agree, it doesn't seem like all that much, especially if it's meant to store video. According to Wikipedia, Google processes about 24 PB per day.
I wonder how much storage Netflix has? And their catalog of streaming video is still hardly comprehensive.
I agree, it doesn't seem like all that much, especially if it's meant to store video. According to Wikipedia, Google processes about 24 PB per day.
I wonder how much storage Netflix has? And their catalog of streaming video is still hardly comprehensive.
more...
solace
Oct 9, 03:11 PM
hmm... laggy?
this seems like the fastest iPhone Twitter client i've used so far (and trust me i've bought just about every one).
switching between the timeline/mentions/messages, the loading is nearly instantenous.
this seems like the fastest iPhone Twitter client i've used so far (and trust me i've bought just about every one).
switching between the timeline/mentions/messages, the loading is nearly instantenous.
upaymeifixit
Jul 31, 05:00 AM
Monthly Desktops Guidelines:
• For large images use [timg] rather than
• Use attachments when necessary so images don't disappear when they are removed from their source
• When possible, include links to the full-sized original so others can download them. If you don't want to share, state that in your posts so others don't continue to ask for links.
• When quoting a post with images, remove the images to reduce clutter
• Please report any posts you feel need attention by clicking on this icon: [IMG]http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/buttons/report.gif.
• If you would like an original wallpaper I would recommend using TinEye (http://www.tineye.com)
I know somebody is going to wonder why it’s a day early for them. That’s because if I read it right, this says (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC%2B14:00) it’s August first somewhere.
I skipped a month but I’m back. I’ve not changed much, only added a few geektool scripts. I would love if somebody would suppy me with white AirPort and iChat menu extras. I still don’t feel like it’s done though, so let me know if you have any ideas for it.
Wallpaper by manicho (http://manicho.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d124y01), Dock Icons by brsev (http://brsev.deviantart.com/art/Token-128429570), Theme by Wowzera (http://chaotics.net/blog/?p=387), Forget where the Geeklets are from
http://c0848462.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/e42695595aab8cd9bd2ccd97c6d0ac0d.png (http://c0848462.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/7285bdb202e5c5f67bd5eb4528b65f13.png)
March Desktops 2010 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=9357306#post9357306) — April Desktops 2010 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=9539001#post9539001) — May Desktops 2010 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=9808053#post9808053) — June Desktops 2010 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10008638#post10008638) — August Desktops 2010 (“http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10705659#post10705659”)
• For large images use [timg] rather than
• Use attachments when necessary so images don't disappear when they are removed from their source
• When possible, include links to the full-sized original so others can download them. If you don't want to share, state that in your posts so others don't continue to ask for links.
• When quoting a post with images, remove the images to reduce clutter
• Please report any posts you feel need attention by clicking on this icon: [IMG]http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/buttons/report.gif.
• If you would like an original wallpaper I would recommend using TinEye (http://www.tineye.com)
I know somebody is going to wonder why it’s a day early for them. That’s because if I read it right, this says (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC%2B14:00) it’s August first somewhere.
I skipped a month but I’m back. I’ve not changed much, only added a few geektool scripts. I would love if somebody would suppy me with white AirPort and iChat menu extras. I still don’t feel like it’s done though, so let me know if you have any ideas for it.
Wallpaper by manicho (http://manicho.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d124y01), Dock Icons by brsev (http://brsev.deviantart.com/art/Token-128429570), Theme by Wowzera (http://chaotics.net/blog/?p=387), Forget where the Geeklets are from
http://c0848462.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/e42695595aab8cd9bd2ccd97c6d0ac0d.png (http://c0848462.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/7285bdb202e5c5f67bd5eb4528b65f13.png)
March Desktops 2010 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=9357306#post9357306) — April Desktops 2010 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=9539001#post9539001) — May Desktops 2010 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=9808053#post9808053) — June Desktops 2010 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10008638#post10008638) — August Desktops 2010 (“http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10705659#post10705659”)
more...
TIGOS
Aug 15, 01:22 AM
...
poppe
Aug 1, 12:35 AM
Are you sure? By then you will get at least 1TB hard drives for 100$ (there are already 750GB drives on the market). I still would prefer the hard drive. Faster data access and easier handling...
groovebuster
To me I think Discs need to me eliminated in all forms. No blue Ray no HD-DVD no dual layer anyhting.
Lets just use memory sticks and Hard drives.
Can you imagine if You Car stero no longer had CD player slots, but Say a new Credit Card size flash drive with 8 GBs... that'd be nice...
To me the whole Disc format in every way is a pain...
groovebuster
To me I think Discs need to me eliminated in all forms. No blue Ray no HD-DVD no dual layer anyhting.
Lets just use memory sticks and Hard drives.
Can you imagine if You Car stero no longer had CD player slots, but Say a new Credit Card size flash drive with 8 GBs... that'd be nice...
To me the whole Disc format in every way is a pain...
more...
tutiplain
Apr 29, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Album: Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da
more...

Bild 1: RAMMSTEIN - Liebe ist

Liebe ist für alle da 2CD

Title: Liebe ist fur alle da
ghostface147
Apr 13, 09:39 AM
There honestly is no need to update the iPhone line EVERY year at this point. iPhone 4 was the biggest jump and I don't see a reason to jump again so soon, especially after Verizon customers JUST recived access to the phone. I can understand updating the models to include 4G, but at this point 4G IMHO is not needed. It's not a mature enough standard to expect iPhone owners to have smooth service with Verizon and AT&Ts 4G networks. I see them both being great next year, but it'd be a forced move on Apples part.
I disagree in some ways. Physically there may not need to be a strong reason to upgrade, but with competitors moving so quickly, Apple has to release new hardware. Whether it be NFC, LTE or dual-core, something has to be done to refresh and have something new in buyers minds.
Granted at this point I think the i4 is speedy enough as it is and it's mostly software now. Things like notifications and other related annoyances.
I disagree in some ways. Physically there may not need to be a strong reason to upgrade, but with competitors moving so quickly, Apple has to release new hardware. Whether it be NFC, LTE or dual-core, something has to be done to refresh and have something new in buyers minds.
Granted at this point I think the i4 is speedy enough as it is and it's mostly software now. Things like notifications and other related annoyances.
more...
jimthorn
Jul 18, 11:44 AM
I think you can only do that in Text Mode with iChat AV. Audio and Video Modes are for 1-to-1 connections only.
macingman
Apr 16, 10:01 PM
Thanks so much for making another thread buddy.
AndroidfoLife
Apr 13, 04:23 PM
Apple will never be able to be on top in terms of hardware. That is a fact. HTC and Motorolla are going to be leapfrogging that category now. What Apple needs to do is make sure people buy iOS devices for iOS. They have to be ahead there. For a phone that only releases hard once a year it will be IMPOSSIBLE to overtake the hardware market. But they can rule the soft ware realm of mobile devices.
Right now the only thing they have on android is the retina display. Which by next year with the QHD screens will not be that impressive and when they do come with a new hardware innovation one of the android makers will top it within a year.
Right now the only thing they have on android is the retina display. Which by next year with the QHD screens will not be that impressive and when they do come with a new hardware innovation one of the android makers will top it within a year.
Popeye206
Apr 13, 11:57 AM
Trying to tell y'all... the Verizon iPhone released in February may truly have switched up the game.
Apple & Verizon came together, and will make LTE work within the iPhone sooner than later, and AT&T is playing catch-up within their entire layout of LTE.
If there is indeed a wait on the iPhone 5(no June/July release), I'd expect it coming with LTE in the 1st quarter of 2012, or possibly this fall. Apple is making COIN on the iPhone 4, and the next big thing is - LTE(4G).
Apple is playing this smart as usual... Or this all could be a rumor, and the iPhone 5 will be here in a couple months for a 'normal' launch update, and the iPhone 6 will be the first to introduce LTE in 2012.
I really don't know... but I do think Apple is playing the Ace of Spades, and may hold on for a new release of the iPhone 4(especially in Verizon's case - Feb '11) before the market, and more emphatically, Verizon's market adoption is seen & heard... Think about it... Apple releases the Verizon iPhone in February, then 4 months later releases a new iPhone - there is some bad business going on there.
Apple is playing the cards right... just not for the consumer. :cool:
I do think Apple is taking a slower road on the iPhone5 for several reasons, but I do think it will be sooner than later.
Things Apple has going for it is the iPhone4 is still one of the best smart phones out there. Also, besides spec bumps and 4G (which is non-existent in 90% of the US), it's getting to a point where there's about as much as you can stick in a smart phone in there already. The other big advantage Apple has is they can give all iPhone4 customers a cool upgrade without touching the hardware. If they do a significant change with iOS5, it might be more than enough to carry us for another 6 months without any hardware envy.
I think fall may be it. Not sure yet... but I don't think the Verzion iPhone stopped or changed anything. I think it's more of a strategic plan to leverage all the components of the iPhone and iOS to keep it fresh.
Apple & Verizon came together, and will make LTE work within the iPhone sooner than later, and AT&T is playing catch-up within their entire layout of LTE.
If there is indeed a wait on the iPhone 5(no June/July release), I'd expect it coming with LTE in the 1st quarter of 2012, or possibly this fall. Apple is making COIN on the iPhone 4, and the next big thing is - LTE(4G).
Apple is playing this smart as usual... Or this all could be a rumor, and the iPhone 5 will be here in a couple months for a 'normal' launch update, and the iPhone 6 will be the first to introduce LTE in 2012.
I really don't know... but I do think Apple is playing the Ace of Spades, and may hold on for a new release of the iPhone 4(especially in Verizon's case - Feb '11) before the market, and more emphatically, Verizon's market adoption is seen & heard... Think about it... Apple releases the Verizon iPhone in February, then 4 months later releases a new iPhone - there is some bad business going on there.
Apple is playing the cards right... just not for the consumer. :cool:
I do think Apple is taking a slower road on the iPhone5 for several reasons, but I do think it will be sooner than later.
Things Apple has going for it is the iPhone4 is still one of the best smart phones out there. Also, besides spec bumps and 4G (which is non-existent in 90% of the US), it's getting to a point where there's about as much as you can stick in a smart phone in there already. The other big advantage Apple has is they can give all iPhone4 customers a cool upgrade without touching the hardware. If they do a significant change with iOS5, it might be more than enough to carry us for another 6 months without any hardware envy.
I think fall may be it. Not sure yet... but I don't think the Verzion iPhone stopped or changed anything. I think it's more of a strategic plan to leverage all the components of the iPhone and iOS to keep it fresh.
Doctor Q
May 4, 06:22 PM
Could you post a screenshot please?
Does it happen only on your computer or also on other computers you try using?
Do you have a Mac or a PC?
Does it happen only on your computer or also on other computers you try using?
Do you have a Mac or a PC?
Sydde
Apr 5, 07:36 PM
I agree with the notion that people should try to take steps to avoid risk, and that people can greatly reduce personal risk by making safer choices.
But this nugget of wisdom does not really touch on the substance of the issue arising in the OP, to wit - how much responsiblity does a rape victim carry? Or, to turn the question around, how much of the rape is not the rapist's fault?
What kind of twisted logic hears of a rape decides that looking "like a prostitute" is the salient feature of the case? What about the crazed deviant who committed the crime in the first place? Indeed, I think Gelfin's analogy is apt - if a smartly-dressed man is mugged, should we simply shrug our shoulders and say "well, he looked like he had a lot of money so he was asking for it. He should have been wearing something less ostentatious."
It's also, by the way, fallacious to assume that only young, attractive and/or scantily-clad women are raped. Such suppositions are the product of the same twisted male chauvinist perspective that suggests that looking "like a prostitute" means that women are "asking for it".
As I have suggested, we cannot really know the answers to these questions without first interviewing (or obtaining transcripts of interviews of) rapists. Most of us on this forum are not rapists (I hope), so making broad inferences on what goes through such a monster's mind is rather pointless. If we can obtain a body of information that clearly demonstrates that rapists are commonly motivated by the victims' appearance/attire, then we can lend credence to the statement quoted in the OP. Prior to obtaining such evidence, to suggest that dress codes will improve school childrens' safety is at best unsupportable and at worst ridiculous. Odd that these "libertarian" types are back at attempting to steal away our freedoms.
But this nugget of wisdom does not really touch on the substance of the issue arising in the OP, to wit - how much responsiblity does a rape victim carry? Or, to turn the question around, how much of the rape is not the rapist's fault?
What kind of twisted logic hears of a rape decides that looking "like a prostitute" is the salient feature of the case? What about the crazed deviant who committed the crime in the first place? Indeed, I think Gelfin's analogy is apt - if a smartly-dressed man is mugged, should we simply shrug our shoulders and say "well, he looked like he had a lot of money so he was asking for it. He should have been wearing something less ostentatious."
It's also, by the way, fallacious to assume that only young, attractive and/or scantily-clad women are raped. Such suppositions are the product of the same twisted male chauvinist perspective that suggests that looking "like a prostitute" means that women are "asking for it".
As I have suggested, we cannot really know the answers to these questions without first interviewing (or obtaining transcripts of interviews of) rapists. Most of us on this forum are not rapists (I hope), so making broad inferences on what goes through such a monster's mind is rather pointless. If we can obtain a body of information that clearly demonstrates that rapists are commonly motivated by the victims' appearance/attire, then we can lend credence to the statement quoted in the OP. Prior to obtaining such evidence, to suggest that dress codes will improve school childrens' safety is at best unsupportable and at worst ridiculous. Odd that these "libertarian" types are back at attempting to steal away our freedoms.
kre62
Mar 26, 09:03 PM
*Calls Judge Judy *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuP1pXSvNJI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuP1pXSvNJI
tvguru
Nov 20, 11:45 AM
This rumor kinda makes me laugh. Something about having a rumor about an update to a product that we haven't even seen yet seems comical to me.
I am in the market for a new phone though. Looking at the rumored BB 8800 or the Apple phone if it's up to par. Only time will tell.
I am in the market for a new phone though. Looking at the rumored BB 8800 or the Apple phone if it's up to par. Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment