Peace
Apr 15, 12:30 PM
Using aluminum would hinder the cellular reception wouldn't it ?
err404
May 2, 09:41 AM
I'm glad that Apple listened to the user demand for this change, despite their feeling that this wasn't a big deal. They could have just as easily ignored the issue saying that it is functioning as intended.
azentropy
Mar 28, 04:13 PM
http://scoopertino.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/kool-aid_lime.jpg
Ooh the arguments are getting heated up in this thread :D
Thought I'd offer a light refreshment.
What no orange or cherry?
Sure Apple can offer 7 different iPod Nano colors but they can't offer more than 2 different Apple Kool Aid flavors?!?!?
Ooh the arguments are getting heated up in this thread :D
Thought I'd offer a light refreshment.
What no orange or cherry?
Sure Apple can offer 7 different iPod Nano colors but they can't offer more than 2 different Apple Kool Aid flavors?!?!?

p8ntballguy
Oct 10, 10:41 PM
...and an integrated spell-checker! :D
lol yea....like i said, it was quickly done....fixed:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/984/ipodmockge4.jpg
lol yea....like i said, it was quickly done....fixed:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/984/ipodmockge4.jpg
more...

dmelgar
Jul 22, 09:46 AM
ALL phones are subject to detuning. The amount of detuning is up to the phone but this is natural. When someone told me, your signal drops when hold the iphone in a wierd way....no s***.
.
Untrue. The iPhone is the only phone affected this way. Apple implying a lie doesn't make it true.
.
Untrue. The iPhone is the only phone affected this way. Apple implying a lie doesn't make it true.
Leemo
Sep 12, 03:55 AM
I genuinely think that if Apple are introducing a movie store today they're going to have something rather special up their sleeve - I think pricing should be extremely competitive compared to DVDs otherwise what's the point?
Digital downloads of films (sorry, movies) needs to be made appealing to the masses in the same way music was, with cheap individual prices that compared favourably to CDs - people have gotten used to owning only digital copies of their music, however movies are still in that tangible area of hard media, and I feel Apple are going to have to really be priced competitively to alter public perception of digital distribution of movie content.
Not that they *won't* of course, but I don't think it's going to be necessarily easy.
If they introduce HD content I'll be a very happy bunny.
-Leemo
Digital downloads of films (sorry, movies) needs to be made appealing to the masses in the same way music was, with cheap individual prices that compared favourably to CDs - people have gotten used to owning only digital copies of their music, however movies are still in that tangible area of hard media, and I feel Apple are going to have to really be priced competitively to alter public perception of digital distribution of movie content.
Not that they *won't* of course, but I don't think it's going to be necessarily easy.
If they introduce HD content I'll be a very happy bunny.
-Leemo
more...
EricNau
Apr 22, 02:51 AM
"Thanks" might work in a pure support form. But for news discussion, it makes little sense.
arn
Perhaps a "Relevant" button then.
Essentially just like Facebook's "Like" feature, then? People seem to like it on Facebook; would it be useful here?
arn
Perhaps a "Relevant" button then.
Essentially just like Facebook's "Like" feature, then? People seem to like it on Facebook; would it be useful here?
John Purple
Jan 9, 04:20 AM
New user interface:
WYThIWYG (What you think is what you get) :D:D:D:D
WYThIWYG (What you think is what you get) :D:D:D:D
more...
zoetropeuk
Sep 25, 11:42 AM
That is good to know, because 1.1.2 runs like crap on a Quad with a 6800GT and 8GB of RAM. Unacceptable, really. I basically abandoned the workflow and went back to Photoshop. I can actually get work done that way.
Damn then there must be something wrong with you Quad again Gary. I regularly use 1.1.2 on my 1.67 powerbook and I find it perfectly acceptable. And on my G5/X800XT it's super fast.
I think the issue with people finding it slow is there lack of understand of what Aperture is actually doing. And also not really knowing how to use Aperture to it's full potential.
Everybody wants everything to be instant but that will never happen.
I for one find the workflow of cataloguing, correcting and exporting in Aperture far faster and superior then any comparable app.
Damn then there must be something wrong with you Quad again Gary. I regularly use 1.1.2 on my 1.67 powerbook and I find it perfectly acceptable. And on my G5/X800XT it's super fast.
I think the issue with people finding it slow is there lack of understand of what Aperture is actually doing. And also not really knowing how to use Aperture to it's full potential.
Everybody wants everything to be instant but that will never happen.
I for one find the workflow of cataloguing, correcting and exporting in Aperture far faster and superior then any comparable app.
goobot
Dec 13, 10:58 AM
ha!, no.
more...

nimasm
Jan 15, 02:44 PM
zimtheinvader you're right: MBA does not compare favourably to other products available. Thinness is a nice quality, and indeed it gives that premium edge to the MBA that other UMPCs lack, but Apple's seeming need to give you a full-featured, full-screen, full-clock speed computer is contrary to the needs of ultraportability. While I don't begrudge the Core 2 processor, nor the ample RAM, I can't say that a 13.3" widescreen is essential. (Indeed, if you're aiming for portability, then the dinosaur 4:3 format offers a greater ratio of screen area to overall dimensions).
I recently had the opportunity to borrow an Asus Eee PC, and was blown away by the advantages of its form factor. It was solidly built, confidence inspring, yet portable. The MBA makes me worry about potential flimsiness. How will it compared to a Macbook if bashed in the centre of the lid. The Eee PC, while slow and cramped, at least has rigidity
Moreover, do people really want to pay more for a compromised solution? Compare the Eee PC at �200. Now I don't wish to say that the Eee PC is something Apple should have produced, but in almost every respect it is in the right direction. It's smaller in the correct sense (reducing the greater dimensions first), sturdier, cheaper. Asus have done a fantastic job of this, and I don't doubt that Apple could have done it even better. How about a 10-12" screen, make it thin if you really must, but make it cheap, and drop pretentions of selling people a widescreen video-editing 'supercomputer'?
With my cursory memory of the MBA's features, I can't think of a single argument other than a need to have the latest thing for the MBA over the top of the range Macbook, a notebook which I subjectively think looks more attractive, too.
What consumers would go for would be more portability, more affordability, at the expense of screen real estate and ultimate performance. What have given us is equal portability, a lot less affordability, and less performance.
I recently had the opportunity to borrow an Asus Eee PC, and was blown away by the advantages of its form factor. It was solidly built, confidence inspring, yet portable. The MBA makes me worry about potential flimsiness. How will it compared to a Macbook if bashed in the centre of the lid. The Eee PC, while slow and cramped, at least has rigidity
Moreover, do people really want to pay more for a compromised solution? Compare the Eee PC at �200. Now I don't wish to say that the Eee PC is something Apple should have produced, but in almost every respect it is in the right direction. It's smaller in the correct sense (reducing the greater dimensions first), sturdier, cheaper. Asus have done a fantastic job of this, and I don't doubt that Apple could have done it even better. How about a 10-12" screen, make it thin if you really must, but make it cheap, and drop pretentions of selling people a widescreen video-editing 'supercomputer'?
With my cursory memory of the MBA's features, I can't think of a single argument other than a need to have the latest thing for the MBA over the top of the range Macbook, a notebook which I subjectively think looks more attractive, too.
What consumers would go for would be more portability, more affordability, at the expense of screen real estate and ultimate performance. What have given us is equal portability, a lot less affordability, and less performance.
DoFoT9
Sep 19, 05:47 PM
my power bill (which includes water and sewer) was $385 last month!
but i did finally get someone out to look at the a/c unit. i believe that is a big part of the problem. we'll see
we looked into it, our a/cs chew 30w each WHEN THEY ARE TURNED OFF! its insane. we now turn them off at the power box.
but i did finally get someone out to look at the a/c unit. i believe that is a big part of the problem. we'll see
we looked into it, our a/cs chew 30w each WHEN THEY ARE TURNED OFF! its insane. we now turn them off at the power box.
more...

zioxide
Jan 10, 05:04 PM
lol, shutting off dish network's wall of monitors was funny, but ****ing with the presentations was immature and stupid.
aross99
Jan 11, 10:32 PM
At first, I got a chuckle when I read this on their site. Turning off a wall of display is one thing, but what they did to the presenters (especially Motorolla) is inexcusable. They took it way to far...
To be honest with you, I can't believe they blogged about it afterwards..
To be honest with you, I can't believe they blogged about it afterwards..
more...
MacsAttack
Jan 12, 07:00 PM
Actually, I believe it wasn't released at MacWorld for two reasons...
1) Time. They keynote ran about 2 hours as is (already above the average). Introducing two new software suites would easily add another 45 minutes (making the event much too long).
2) The focus was clearly the iPhone, and Jobs didn't want anything to steal its glory.
It makes much more sense to introduce the iPhone at MacWorld and have a separate event for Leopard, iLife, and iWork.
MacWorld
Mac World
But we got no Macs
And both items are pitched at he US market - not the world market (need to get movie downloads onto other iTunes stores for the Apple TV to be a compelling product)
Oh - and I don't own a mobile phone and have no intention of getting one. Just a rat hole for suckers to pour money down :D
Have not watched the keynote. Not going to bother.
I'd like to see a bit more commitment from Apple (the company previously known as Apple Computers) on the computer side before I consider recomending any kind of Mac to people again.
1) Time. They keynote ran about 2 hours as is (already above the average). Introducing two new software suites would easily add another 45 minutes (making the event much too long).
2) The focus was clearly the iPhone, and Jobs didn't want anything to steal its glory.
It makes much more sense to introduce the iPhone at MacWorld and have a separate event for Leopard, iLife, and iWork.
MacWorld
Mac World
But we got no Macs
And both items are pitched at he US market - not the world market (need to get movie downloads onto other iTunes stores for the Apple TV to be a compelling product)
Oh - and I don't own a mobile phone and have no intention of getting one. Just a rat hole for suckers to pour money down :D
Have not watched the keynote. Not going to bother.
I'd like to see a bit more commitment from Apple (the company previously known as Apple Computers) on the computer side before I consider recomending any kind of Mac to people again.

spillproof
Apr 15, 03:59 PM
I think I just threw up a little. That is THE worst "leaked" iPhone mock up, EVER.
more...
thedude110
Sep 7, 10:31 PM
THis is a place where people are serious about what they are doing and what is going on.
Kanye West is also serious about what he's doing and what's going on.
Sigh ...
Kanye West is also serious about what he's doing and what's going on.
Sigh ...
Aeolius
Oct 4, 06:43 AM
This is America. If the man wants a small house, let him have a small house (The blueprints are for a house smaller than mine, so I call it "small"). If he wanted to live in the back of an El Camino, that's his right also.
Personally, I like old houses and hate the look of modern homes, but that's just me. I also live in what would be considered a larger home, as I have 8 kids and need some space. But I also have a few acres, so the house isn't stuck right next to my neighbors.
However, I did not build my house to compete with or impress the neighbors. Neither did Steve.
Personally, I like old houses and hate the look of modern homes, but that's just me. I also live in what would be considered a larger home, as I have 8 kids and need some space. But I also have a few acres, so the house isn't stuck right next to my neighbors.
However, I did not build my house to compete with or impress the neighbors. Neither did Steve.

bluejacket
Sep 12, 08:13 AM
Film content from Fox and Dreamworks?!
Look at the german Quicktime page, bottom left, under "iTunes Videos": Transporter 2 from Fox and Red Eye from Dreamworks!!
http://www.apple.com/de/quicktime/mac.html
Judging by the URL these are for trailers.
Look at the german Quicktime page, bottom left, under "iTunes Videos": Transporter 2 from Fox and Red Eye from Dreamworks!!
http://www.apple.com/de/quicktime/mac.html
Judging by the URL these are for trailers.
tjb1
Apr 12, 12:59 PM
GF and I just switched. Ive had Tmobile for 11 years and the Iphone but I am sick of edge. Just got done JB and using mywi as we speak, alot faster!
Watch out, everyone here will bitch at you for using over 1gb of "unlimited" data...
Watch out, everyone here will bitch at you for using over 1gb of "unlimited" data...
imuk
Aug 16, 09:14 AM
I received a 2A62XXX Display last week with a May production date. No idea whether it is an old or a new one. However, I did notice a few dead pixels last night after watching a movies. (The movie credits came with a black background. Great for dead pixel discovery!)
By just looking at it, I noticed at least 4 dead pixels, some appeared stronger than others. They are all on the left half of the screen. Is this considered an acceptable or normal number of dead pixels? I am tempted to return it while I can. Any suggestions?
By just looking at it, I noticed at least 4 dead pixels, some appeared stronger than others. They are all on the left half of the screen. Is this considered an acceptable or normal number of dead pixels? I am tempted to return it while I can. Any suggestions?
mcorf
Apr 10, 01:08 PM
I went to pick up my ipad yesterday(which I reordered) and asked if they had any more for sale. They said they had a lot of the verizon 3G(which I didn't want anyway), but were not allowed to sell them. I asked why and they said because of what happened at some of there other stores, but wouldn't tell me what.
balamw
Apr 12, 09:02 AM
PCs, I think, is going too far.
Microsoft, apparently, begs to differ.
B
Microsoft, apparently, begs to differ.
B
Music-Man
Sep 12, 07:33 AM
For those who a little confused about Disney.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney#Motion_pictures
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney#Motion_pictures
No comments:
Post a Comment