
Goldinboy17
May 1, 10:10 PM
Killed in Islamabad, Pakistan. He was inside a mansion with some family. Can't believe he was hiding in plain sight, especially when It could have been easier for Pakistan which had been supposedly proactive in fighting the Taliban as well as Osama. Can't imagine this will help Pakistan-US ties in the least, rather strain them.
merlingfx
Mar 17, 08:25 AM
15 at spectrum right now...

pmz
Apr 22, 05:32 PM
Yep, a touch sensitive home button is the way to go. Will act as the unlock button too. It was about time we got rid of that nasty plastic which breaks very easily.
Um no, they do not break very easily. Maybe a gorilla might break it easily.
Um no, they do not break very easily. Maybe a gorilla might break it easily.
OrangeCuse44
Sep 14, 11:49 AM
Registered my Starbucks card finally and got 5 stars. Now that I'm green I get a free tall drink (shown below) with every whole bean purchase. Bought the Breakfast Blend to start making at home. @$9.95 with a savings of $3.45 on the tall drink, it's a great deal. I'll save money making Starbucks at home!
You need a card for that? Everytime I buy a bag I just get the tall coffee for free.
You need a card for that? Everytime I buy a bag I just get the tall coffee for free.
nicroma
Apr 15, 01:57 PM
976.6 MB wtf
Apple: Learn from Google http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/software-updates-courgette
That is some real magic right there. :eek:
Apple: Learn from Google http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/software-updates-courgette
That is some real magic right there. :eek:
tristangage
Jan 26, 11:08 AM
Who cares who the thread starter is...... all that matters is that there is a thread for everyone to show off their consumerism.;)
+1. This is one of the only places where consumerism is celebrated, not frowned upon! :D
+1. This is one of the only places where consumerism is celebrated, not frowned upon! :D
Whistleway
Jul 24, 08:01 PM
This is downright silly that a 50bil dollar company can't get a freaking mouse right nor the ability to scroll or right click. No wonder they are turning off a lot of people.
Different is good when it has a purpose. Just had to do everything apple way and cost a gazillion dollars for a decent mouse. It is way too much for me to take, even if it is APPLE. There i said it !!
Different is good when it has a purpose. Just had to do everything apple way and cost a gazillion dollars for a decent mouse. It is way too much for me to take, even if it is APPLE. There i said it !!

firestarter
Apr 24, 08:36 PM
If you don't have a daughter, then you don't have a clue.
I have seen some transgenders, and I have nothing to say to them.
I could say the same to you. Your lack of empathy and understanding for people different to you through no fault of their own appears to be manifesting itself in violent bigotry.
I have seen some transgenders, and I have nothing to say to them.
I could say the same to you. Your lack of empathy and understanding for people different to you through no fault of their own appears to be manifesting itself in violent bigotry.
Stella
Jul 21, 11:49 AM
I'm sorry, I can't see you over the end of my nose. ;)
:-D
ROTFL
:-D
ROTFL
Thunderhawks
Apr 15, 02:51 PM
nope .. refresh happening in the next 3-4 weeks ... they want you to purchase the machine first then pay to upgrade to lion
nope......they usually provide a cut off date , i.e. if you bought a new Mac before (date) you can upgrade for FREE.
All others get out your credit cards:-) $ 179 or so for a Family pack of 5.
nope......they usually provide a cut off date , i.e. if you bought a new Mac before (date) you can upgrade for FREE.
All others get out your credit cards:-) $ 179 or so for a Family pack of 5.
DTphonehome
Jul 21, 12:41 PM
Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but I didn't care about Apple's market share when it was slipping in the 90s and I don't care about it now that it's climbing. I didn't buy my Mac to be popular and I don't particularly care that lots of people are (or are not) using them. It's just an irrelevant metric to me.
...
Besides, Apple deals in the kind of quality that will keep it around for many, many years, regardless of which way its market share is going and that's all that I care about.
You do realize that if Apple's marketshare were to drop to, say, 1% or lower, they would have very little money to spend on R&D, and the quality and innovation you seek would suffer tremendously? Which is why Apple was doing dismally in the 90's and is doing much better today. They are now flush with cash, and can pump out great hardware products, and develop and refine the software that drives sales. Market share (and high margins) is important to ensure a steady flow of cash for those projects.
So, you don't care about how market share affects you, but if you were the only Mac user, I assure you, Apple wouldn't be manufacturing products just for your puny market share. (To make an extreme example)
...
Besides, Apple deals in the kind of quality that will keep it around for many, many years, regardless of which way its market share is going and that's all that I care about.
You do realize that if Apple's marketshare were to drop to, say, 1% or lower, they would have very little money to spend on R&D, and the quality and innovation you seek would suffer tremendously? Which is why Apple was doing dismally in the 90's and is doing much better today. They are now flush with cash, and can pump out great hardware products, and develop and refine the software that drives sales. Market share (and high margins) is important to ensure a steady flow of cash for those projects.
So, you don't care about how market share affects you, but if you were the only Mac user, I assure you, Apple wouldn't be manufacturing products just for your puny market share. (To make an extreme example)
nies
Apr 26, 05:24 PM
Eldiablojoe, from what I understand appleguy123 and Chrmjenkins are both ok, plutonious was the only one lynched
scruffybear22
Jun 6, 06:29 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! My brother actually did this!!!!!!! This article is about my brother!!!!!!!!!!!! NO JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, he is 10 not 11
jav6454
Apr 14, 01:00 PM
As always, jailbreakers should not update to this software... it is an obvious release to patch up PwnageTool exploit.
Don't panic
Apr 27, 01:51 PM
I was going to vote for Nies, but I'm pretty sure he's not a WW, so I'm going for -aggie-. It appears everyone else is smelling blood in the water and jumping into the feeding frenzy. I'll just keep my insights to myself for spite then.
http://forums.randi.org/images/smilies/eusasmiles/eusa_naughty.gif
not a very village-ry attitude....
http://forums.randi.org/images/smilies/eusasmiles/eusa_naughty.gif
not a very village-ry attitude....
johndope83
Apr 12, 03:55 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5104/5612709900_7a420dc120_z.jpg
Russ Swift in action from the recently concluded Manila International Auto Show 2011 Philippines.
First time to post pics here! Didn't know this forum has a lot of good photographers!!! Anyone from the Philippines here? :D
you can check more of my photos http://johndope83.multiply.com/
cheers!!!
Russ Swift in action from the recently concluded Manila International Auto Show 2011 Philippines.
First time to post pics here! Didn't know this forum has a lot of good photographers!!! Anyone from the Philippines here? :D
you can check more of my photos http://johndope83.multiply.com/
cheers!!!
goosnarrggh
Dec 4, 07:26 AM
Mac OS X is so stable that I am perfectly comfortable working for an hour in between saving my open files. If I was likely to run into websites that purposely exploited a flaw to crash my Mac, I'd have to change my habits and live more defensively.
Excellent point.
If you use a notebook or a desktop with a UPS, it can be extremely easy to forget about the fact that reboots may happen at any time, even without fautly software getting in the way. (Lately in Nova Scotia, the culprit has been "salty fog" invading our power substations...) Obviously this is a bug that can cause loss of work (and thus loss of money). And obviously the ultimate solution must be a more graceful failure response by the OS.
But a good stopgap measure to protect from the only potential damage which can so far be demonstrated to potentially come from this vulnerability, would be to enable the autosave feature of your software. That measure requires a one-time investment of effort on your part, and subsequently shouldn't have any effect on your work habits. I have never used any reputable productivity software which didn't have an autosave feature.
Excellent point.
If you use a notebook or a desktop with a UPS, it can be extremely easy to forget about the fact that reboots may happen at any time, even without fautly software getting in the way. (Lately in Nova Scotia, the culprit has been "salty fog" invading our power substations...) Obviously this is a bug that can cause loss of work (and thus loss of money). And obviously the ultimate solution must be a more graceful failure response by the OS.
But a good stopgap measure to protect from the only potential damage which can so far be demonstrated to potentially come from this vulnerability, would be to enable the autosave feature of your software. That measure requires a one-time investment of effort on your part, and subsequently shouldn't have any effect on your work habits. I have never used any reputable productivity software which didn't have an autosave feature.
maclaptop
Apr 12, 11:10 AM
If enough people take a guess on the release date of the next iPhone, someone is going to be right!
I tend to believe All Things Digitals reporting since they are in bed with Apple and have been for years. Between Walt Mossberg & David Pogue, Steve's two hand picked suck ups, the rumors are fed direct to them. Lately to keep the scepticism at bay, either of those two have one of their minions write the article which keeps the other two flying under the radar. When the big announcements hit, then Walt takes it, writing a gushing article.
That said I'm very glad to see the date pushed back. Apple needs the extra time to get this one done right. I eagerly await the 5. Its Apples chance to build a really good smartphone. If they include a phone that works well, a proper 4" display, the new model will set an excellent standard. If it includes these basics I plan to order one asap.
I tend to believe All Things Digitals reporting since they are in bed with Apple and have been for years. Between Walt Mossberg & David Pogue, Steve's two hand picked suck ups, the rumors are fed direct to them. Lately to keep the scepticism at bay, either of those two have one of their minions write the article which keeps the other two flying under the radar. When the big announcements hit, then Walt takes it, writing a gushing article.
That said I'm very glad to see the date pushed back. Apple needs the extra time to get this one done right. I eagerly await the 5. Its Apples chance to build a really good smartphone. If they include a phone that works well, a proper 4" display, the new model will set an excellent standard. If it includes these basics I plan to order one asap.
TheyCallMeSaint
May 3, 11:28 PM
Disappointing, but expected. This actually brings up more questions than answers though:
1) Is this a permanent move to a Fall Release of the iPhone?
2) When, if ever, are they going to unite the CDMA and GSM iPhone releases (possibly in iPhone 5 with "World Chip")?
3) Does this affect the timing of iOS's release, which has traditionally been released with the new iPhone and has been centered around the iPhone's hardware?
4) The iPod touch has traditionally been released months after the iPhone. If the iPhone is released around Sept, will they release the iPod touch along with it?
Meh, I don't have an upgrade for 1.5 years, so it doesn't matter to me. But still interesting.
1) Is this a permanent move to a Fall Release of the iPhone?
2) When, if ever, are they going to unite the CDMA and GSM iPhone releases (possibly in iPhone 5 with "World Chip")?
3) Does this affect the timing of iOS's release, which has traditionally been released with the new iPhone and has been centered around the iPhone's hardware?
4) The iPod touch has traditionally been released months after the iPhone. If the iPhone is released around Sept, will they release the iPod touch along with it?
Meh, I don't have an upgrade for 1.5 years, so it doesn't matter to me. But still interesting.
kevink2
Apr 13, 06:09 PM
I guess I just don't see the benefit of an Apple TV. Unless they come up with an easy to perform hardware upgrade path.
People generally buy TVs for longer terms. I know I would be upset if my TV can't make it 10 years.
People generally buy TVs for longer terms. I know I would be upset if my TV can't make it 10 years.
jazz1
Mar 31, 02:25 PM
Where is my paisley calendar?
LethalWolfe
Apr 30, 10:43 AM
Very true.
Apple sells cheap songs in hopes that you'll buy an iPod.
Amazon sells even cheaper songs... ???... profit?
??? = getting customers to Amazon.com where they will most likely buy some of the bazillion other things that Amazon sells. Same reason that brick & mortar stores use loss leaders (to drive traffic into their store).
Lethal
Apple sells cheap songs in hopes that you'll buy an iPod.
Amazon sells even cheaper songs... ???... profit?
??? = getting customers to Amazon.com where they will most likely buy some of the bazillion other things that Amazon sells. Same reason that brick & mortar stores use loss leaders (to drive traffic into their store).
Lethal
StealthGhost
Mar 16, 11:04 PM
Any idea where the best place for a black 16 wifi would be? I think that's all I really need, no 3g and i'll only have apps, maybe a movie here or there when traveling, no? Brea is the closest to me but it sounds like a battlefield, i'd prefer a Best Buy since I have giftcards but my recent time spent there makes me feel like i'd rather spend the money in gift cards to not have to go there again.
SevenInchScrew
Sep 14, 12:45 PM
Kinda uber jealous. Not of how much this set you back though, I'm sure. :p
Not much actually. The console cost me $380, since I had some credit with Amazon. It comes with 2 controllers and the game, so a pretty good deal. Then my friend bought me the Legendary version of the game for $150. He is getting my old Elite and the copy of the game that came with the console in return. So, all told, it was only $380 for me, and I got a new Xbox, 2 controllers, the game, and all the extra stuff that comes with the Legendary version. I made out like a bandit :D
PERFECT! Now you can eat while you play! I really should have done mine this way.
I just put them there to take the picture before I unboxed everything. Though, a console in the kitchen would be pretty ace :p
P.S. - I just got the console setup. HOLY CRAP, the new small Xbox is dead silent. That will be so great.
Not much actually. The console cost me $380, since I had some credit with Amazon. It comes with 2 controllers and the game, so a pretty good deal. Then my friend bought me the Legendary version of the game for $150. He is getting my old Elite and the copy of the game that came with the console in return. So, all told, it was only $380 for me, and I got a new Xbox, 2 controllers, the game, and all the extra stuff that comes with the Legendary version. I made out like a bandit :D
PERFECT! Now you can eat while you play! I really should have done mine this way.
I just put them there to take the picture before I unboxed everything. Though, a console in the kitchen would be pretty ace :p
P.S. - I just got the console setup. HOLY CRAP, the new small Xbox is dead silent. That will be so great.
No comments:
Post a Comment