marksandvig
Mar 21, 03:08 AM
Who cares??? its a $500 device that can replace all computer needs of any student. Period.
When was the last time you were in a university class? No offense, but before the iPad came out, I said I would purchase one if it did everything I needed it to do (word processing, FULL internet, music, and email). Unfortunately, it doesn't multi-task, and it does not do the full internet.
When was the last time you were in a university class? No offense, but before the iPad came out, I said I would purchase one if it did everything I needed it to do (word processing, FULL internet, music, and email). Unfortunately, it doesn't multi-task, and it does not do the full internet.
0010101
Nov 14, 07:59 PM
Uhh.. yea. I think the moral of the story, as exhibited here on this thread, is that some things are best left neutral.
An old saying in sales is that there are two things you NEVER discuss with a potential customer: Politics and Religion.
The reason is simply because many people have their own beliefs and views, and in the case of religion and politics, they are often very strong views, which they will defend militantly.
I personally don't care, or am the slightest bit offended, if someone wishes me a 'Merry Christmas', a 'Happy Kwanzaa', a 'Jovial Hog Raping Day', or any of the probably hundreds of 'holidays' that exist throughout the year.
For the purposes of selling Macs to people, I think it's best to simply say 'Happy Holidays' instead of 'Merry Christmas! Vote Republican!'
An old saying in sales is that there are two things you NEVER discuss with a potential customer: Politics and Religion.
The reason is simply because many people have their own beliefs and views, and in the case of religion and politics, they are often very strong views, which they will defend militantly.
I personally don't care, or am the slightest bit offended, if someone wishes me a 'Merry Christmas', a 'Happy Kwanzaa', a 'Jovial Hog Raping Day', or any of the probably hundreds of 'holidays' that exist throughout the year.
For the purposes of selling Macs to people, I think it's best to simply say 'Happy Holidays' instead of 'Merry Christmas! Vote Republican!'
rdowns
Feb 26, 02:40 PM
Very well said - the absurd pension benefits they get for so little time is a glaring example of the abuse of power that our elected parasites exhibit.
It's absurd. You're vested in the program after 5 years. A Senator's term is 6. :rolleyes:
It's absurd. You're vested in the program after 5 years. A Senator's term is 6. :rolleyes:
solvs
Sep 16, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by fourthtunz
Sounds like your not using X.2 or a New Mac.
Why do you waste your time on here?
Again, find a better deal than the New dual 867 on the Pc side, I'll buy it.
Daniel
I was speaking mostly of what others see when comparing. Believe it or not it, matters. True, numbers don't mean that much. It's all about the real-world performance. But you know what? Apple gets their butt kicked most of the time. You can quote benchmarks all you want, and for light stuff who cares? But for the hardcore stuff, Macs need to be faster and cheaper. That's all there is to it. They want to entice more Audio/Video/Image editing people, that's what they're gonna have to do.
Why is it anytime anyone critizes the Mac, they are automatically written off as trolls? Are you just going to accept whatever Apple does? They aren't perfect you know (though they do seem that way next to a PC). I've had many, many computers. Several of them were Apples. My 6400 was slow as molasess and froze all the time, but it got the job done (most of the time). I've since sold off or given away all but a custom built AMD running Windows 2000. I would have had a new G4 Tower, but my project lost funding and now I'm moving.
For the record, after I get settled in the new place, I was going to get an iBook and a Tower later (or a new PowerBook maybe). Why you ask? Because video editing in Windows sux. But it still bothers me that a very fast computer I built for a very small amount of money bests a $3,000 "SuperComputer". I'd rather use FCP (I've played with it, it's nice) instead of Premier. And OS X instead of Windows (any version, don't get me started on why XP sux so much).
But not all of us can always afford a Lexus when a Toyota will work just fine (notice I didn't say Kia or something. I didn't buy a Gateway).
Don't get me wrong, I'm actually happy with the 167 FSB, the large drive support, the dual CD Drives, etc. The Dual 1.25s look pretty zippy. But compare it to a PC (don't fool yourself, people do. Don't just tell them to buy a PC if they don't like it, cuz you know what, that's exactly what they do), it doesn't look so good. Apple is a business. WinTels are their competitors. We all have to recognize this. Apple has to keep up to stay alive in the long run.
I'd rather have a Mac, but don't fool yourself. You can build a really nice PC for less than $2,000 (with plenty of basic software that helps you crash Windows even faster) that blows the $3,000+ machines out of the water. You get a nice, out of the box experiance with OS X.2, but is it worth it for the higher price and slower performance. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
I'm just so tired of PC weenies saying Macs are all style, no substance. And like many computer users who actually use their computers, I'm torn. Speed and price, or style and stability?
Only when Real-Time is really Real-Time, only then will I be truly happy.
Sounds like your not using X.2 or a New Mac.
Why do you waste your time on here?
Again, find a better deal than the New dual 867 on the Pc side, I'll buy it.
Daniel
I was speaking mostly of what others see when comparing. Believe it or not it, matters. True, numbers don't mean that much. It's all about the real-world performance. But you know what? Apple gets their butt kicked most of the time. You can quote benchmarks all you want, and for light stuff who cares? But for the hardcore stuff, Macs need to be faster and cheaper. That's all there is to it. They want to entice more Audio/Video/Image editing people, that's what they're gonna have to do.
Why is it anytime anyone critizes the Mac, they are automatically written off as trolls? Are you just going to accept whatever Apple does? They aren't perfect you know (though they do seem that way next to a PC). I've had many, many computers. Several of them were Apples. My 6400 was slow as molasess and froze all the time, but it got the job done (most of the time). I've since sold off or given away all but a custom built AMD running Windows 2000. I would have had a new G4 Tower, but my project lost funding and now I'm moving.
For the record, after I get settled in the new place, I was going to get an iBook and a Tower later (or a new PowerBook maybe). Why you ask? Because video editing in Windows sux. But it still bothers me that a very fast computer I built for a very small amount of money bests a $3,000 "SuperComputer". I'd rather use FCP (I've played with it, it's nice) instead of Premier. And OS X instead of Windows (any version, don't get me started on why XP sux so much).
But not all of us can always afford a Lexus when a Toyota will work just fine (notice I didn't say Kia or something. I didn't buy a Gateway).
Don't get me wrong, I'm actually happy with the 167 FSB, the large drive support, the dual CD Drives, etc. The Dual 1.25s look pretty zippy. But compare it to a PC (don't fool yourself, people do. Don't just tell them to buy a PC if they don't like it, cuz you know what, that's exactly what they do), it doesn't look so good. Apple is a business. WinTels are their competitors. We all have to recognize this. Apple has to keep up to stay alive in the long run.
I'd rather have a Mac, but don't fool yourself. You can build a really nice PC for less than $2,000 (with plenty of basic software that helps you crash Windows even faster) that blows the $3,000+ machines out of the water. You get a nice, out of the box experiance with OS X.2, but is it worth it for the higher price and slower performance. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
I'm just so tired of PC weenies saying Macs are all style, no substance. And like many computer users who actually use their computers, I'm torn. Speed and price, or style and stability?
Only when Real-Time is really Real-Time, only then will I be truly happy.
more...

alent1234
Mar 24, 02:46 PM
might have to buy a second one now
lazyrighteye
Oct 27, 05:44 PM
This was one of the most handy little apps that I lost when OS X hit the scene. Super intuitive, super effective.
I have Peak and Pro Tools and neither handle those simple, everyday audio needs like a SoundEdit 16 could.
I very much think there is an audience for Soundbooth and that it will be well received. Based on my experienced with SoundEdit 16, if Soundbooth were Universal, I'd more than likely purchase... immediately.
I have Peak and Pro Tools and neither handle those simple, everyday audio needs like a SoundEdit 16 could.
I very much think there is an audience for Soundbooth and that it will be well received. Based on my experienced with SoundEdit 16, if Soundbooth were Universal, I'd more than likely purchase... immediately.
more...

KatanaAzul
Mar 25, 06:25 AM
Is everyone keeping these, selling them, a spare one for their mother-in-law?
Early mother's day gift :)
Early mother's day gift :)
fun173
Mar 20, 11:51 PM
Today my friend and i recorded this song and a couple others, this was our favorite and we wanted to see if people liked it so i thought i would ask you all :)
I know the recording quality is not the best but we will re-do it soon.
What do you all think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tTQe8qhJU
I know the recording quality is not the best but we will re-do it soon.
What do you all think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tTQe8qhJU
more...
Eastend
Mar 17, 04:05 AM
153 yen for one liter of Premium and that's cheap here.
apple101
Dec 28, 09:14 AM
My towns on the list. North Jersey (in Bergen County) town. Awesome.
How does Apple let AT&T get away with this.
How does Apple let AT&T get away with this.
more...
bretm
Apr 16, 03:04 PM
Is it me or is Apple becoming a silly caricature of its own 1984 ad?
Steve looks more and more like the guy on the screen every day!
Steve looks more and more like the guy on the screen every day!
jav6454
Apr 5, 05:12 PM
Now we are playing with power.
Same thing I was thinking. The ramifications of this.
However, one question that intrigues me is Europe's mini-USB adoption with cell devices. How will this factor in?
Same thing I was thinking. The ramifications of this.
However, one question that intrigues me is Europe's mini-USB adoption with cell devices. How will this factor in?
more...
rovex
Apr 5, 02:03 PM
Consumer Reports crack me up sometimes.
jayP1201
Jan 7, 08:15 AM
I got the new facebook update for bug fixes on syncing but not for the fact that I can't hear when I get a notification... I got no sound...
more...
TITNTUFF
Aug 12, 01:56 PM
I hope it uses it's own battery!:D
bbydon
Feb 18, 10:54 AM
Everyone is dressed up but Steve....awesome.
He did wear a tux to the oscars at least.
He did wear a tux to the oscars at least.
more...
CorvusCamenarum
Apr 7, 06:59 PM
According to this article http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in_budget_fight_conservatives_have_put_themselves_in_a_corner/2011/04/06/AFPriirC_story.html?wprss=rss_homepage
it seems pretty clear the Tea Partiers do not want to compromise at all. They not only want 33-50bill in cuts but they want to choose were they come from.
50 billion out of a budget of what? A trillion and a bit? What's really ridiculous is all the petty bitching coming out of DC over what amounts to less than 5% of the total. The Titanic is hit and two engineers are fighting over whether or not to turn on one pump.
If the government "shuts down", not much will change. Life will continue.
it seems pretty clear the Tea Partiers do not want to compromise at all. They not only want 33-50bill in cuts but they want to choose were they come from.
50 billion out of a budget of what? A trillion and a bit? What's really ridiculous is all the petty bitching coming out of DC over what amounts to less than 5% of the total. The Titanic is hit and two engineers are fighting over whether or not to turn on one pump.
If the government "shuts down", not much will change. Life will continue.
LordJohnWhorfin
Aug 14, 11:16 AM
You thought they would have learned with "Lemmings", back in the '80s. You don't gain customers by antagonizing them and telling them they're stupid. The big problem with these "hello, I'm a Mac" commercials is that they're an easy target for parodies. It's a sometimes subtle line to cross, and I'm not sure these "hello, I'm a Mac" commercials are completely on one side, but still, it's all about perception, and if it makes PC users angry, it's probably worth taking note...
One of the most to-the-point Apple commercials aired back 10 years or so ago, it was called "dinosaurs", and showed a dad struggling with DOS/Windows issues (you'd hear him mutter "command.com, autoexec.bat, config.sys, IRQ...") while promising his kid he'd be able to see dinosaurs. After a while, the kid gets up and tells the dad he's going to his friend's house. When the dad asks why, the kid replies "he's got a Mac".
What I'd like Apple to articulate in commercials is, when you buy a PC, that's what you get. When you buy a Mac, you get a Mac and a PC for the same price, what is there to think about?
One of the most to-the-point Apple commercials aired back 10 years or so ago, it was called "dinosaurs", and showed a dad struggling with DOS/Windows issues (you'd hear him mutter "command.com, autoexec.bat, config.sys, IRQ...") while promising his kid he'd be able to see dinosaurs. After a while, the kid gets up and tells the dad he's going to his friend's house. When the dad asks why, the kid replies "he's got a Mac".
What I'd like Apple to articulate in commercials is, when you buy a PC, that's what you get. When you buy a Mac, you get a Mac and a PC for the same price, what is there to think about?
Jeffx342
Sep 13, 09:35 PM
I know Steve has some kind of plane to take on the Pentium world hes a smart guy especially if he got this far.
I have 2 Pc's yes still no mac....
Comp 1: P3 700Mhz w/ 256mgs, Geforce 2
Comp 2: p4 2.4 Ghz w/ 512mgs, Geforce 3
Let me tell you I was so excited about the "new Pentium 4 Processor" when it came out. To tell you the truth there is not a whole lot difference between Pentium 3 700Mhz, and Pentium 4 2.4Ghz. I was actually dispointed because everybody made such a big deal about it. The Mhz numbers looked nice on p4 but I waisted my money!
I have 2 Pc's yes still no mac....
Comp 1: P3 700Mhz w/ 256mgs, Geforce 2
Comp 2: p4 2.4 Ghz w/ 512mgs, Geforce 3
Let me tell you I was so excited about the "new Pentium 4 Processor" when it came out. To tell you the truth there is not a whole lot difference between Pentium 3 700Mhz, and Pentium 4 2.4Ghz. I was actually dispointed because everybody made such a big deal about it. The Mhz numbers looked nice on p4 but I waisted my money!
flopticalcube
May 3, 11:13 AM
As an American so you have no idea what conservative or liberal really means. Those words have been distorted by your politics over the last half century. Conservative is supposed to mean "balance the budget and pay down the debt" through prudent spending cuts and no unnecessarily raising of taxes.
which oddly was a Liberal trademark in the pre-Harper days.
What your so-called conservatives have done is cut taxes for the rich only, increased spending in the military industrial complex and refused to pass healthcare reform that could potentially save billions of dollars per year. The US spends more on healthcare per capita than any other country but it has the worst healthcare per capita than any other country in the world. Even Cuba has better healthcare.
Being a conservative is not about having no social programs but rather it is about being fiscally responsible with tax payers money and spending on social programs that serve the majority of citizens and help promote a strong and healthy workforce. The workforce is the engine of the economy.
Tax cuts are not a bad thing but they should only be done when the government is certain that the budget will be balanced or when they are needed for economic stimulus and they should be across the board or to people on the bottom end.
I suspect the Conservative govt we have seen in the past few years will look nothing like the next few. Their true colours are about to be revealed. Not quite Tea Party but still fairly unsavoury.
which oddly was a Liberal trademark in the pre-Harper days.
What your so-called conservatives have done is cut taxes for the rich only, increased spending in the military industrial complex and refused to pass healthcare reform that could potentially save billions of dollars per year. The US spends more on healthcare per capita than any other country but it has the worst healthcare per capita than any other country in the world. Even Cuba has better healthcare.
Being a conservative is not about having no social programs but rather it is about being fiscally responsible with tax payers money and spending on social programs that serve the majority of citizens and help promote a strong and healthy workforce. The workforce is the engine of the economy.
Tax cuts are not a bad thing but they should only be done when the government is certain that the budget will be balanced or when they are needed for economic stimulus and they should be across the board or to people on the bottom end.
I suspect the Conservative govt we have seen in the past few years will look nothing like the next few. Their true colours are about to be revealed. Not quite Tea Party but still fairly unsavoury.
ccroo
Oct 30, 04:03 PM
Hey, you folks might know...
Will .mac recognize a boot from a different drive (or a different partition on the same drive) as a separate "computer" and sync Mail and iCal, etc. between it and other computers?
Will .mac recognize a boot from a different drive (or a different partition on the same drive) as a separate "computer" and sync Mail and iCal, etc. between it and other computers?
vistadude
Mar 31, 01:29 AM
Okay, figured out the conflict. Please delete this thread mods.
rhett7660
Apr 8, 12:00 AM
50 billion out of a budget of what? A trillion and a bit? What's really ridiculous is all the petty bitching coming out of DC over what amounts to less than 5% of the total. The Titanic is hit and two engineers are fighting over whether or not to turn on one pump.
If the government "shuts down", not much will change. Life will continue.
Not if you count on your paychecks coming from them. Life will continue sure, but it will be a hell of a lot harder.
This has happened before and it is crap anyway you look at.
If the government "shuts down", not much will change. Life will continue.
Not if you count on your paychecks coming from them. Life will continue sure, but it will be a hell of a lot harder.
This has happened before and it is crap anyway you look at.
peharri
Aug 15, 10:58 AM
WOW! the evidence youve accumulated is astounding:confused::rolleyes:
No advertising=more sales:confused: :eek:
Want to quote where I said that? Perhaps you and the ready2switch can find a set of words in my comment that actually mean that. I can't. Not even in the parts you quoted.
What I've said are:
- Sales would be higher now than six months ago regardless of what advertising Apple did. No advertising, bad advertising, good advertising. The fact is that Apple's PowerPC line was Osbourned. People were waiting for Intel Macs. They weren't about to buy machines Steve Jobs was telling the world were obsolete.
- Apple's current advertising is bad. It insults its current target audience. If Apple wasn't insulting its target audience, sales would be higher.
It's easy. It's also blatantly obvious.
Why are you pushing your opnions as fact?....
I agree with ready2switch below me
I don't have an opinion on what an opnion is. If you meant "opinion" though, I suggest you avoid any further posting. After all, you wouldn't want to express your opinions would you? Doing so would be "pushing" them as facts, right?
No advertising=more sales:confused: :eek:
Want to quote where I said that? Perhaps you and the ready2switch can find a set of words in my comment that actually mean that. I can't. Not even in the parts you quoted.
What I've said are:
- Sales would be higher now than six months ago regardless of what advertising Apple did. No advertising, bad advertising, good advertising. The fact is that Apple's PowerPC line was Osbourned. People were waiting for Intel Macs. They weren't about to buy machines Steve Jobs was telling the world were obsolete.
- Apple's current advertising is bad. It insults its current target audience. If Apple wasn't insulting its target audience, sales would be higher.
It's easy. It's also blatantly obvious.
Why are you pushing your opnions as fact?....
I agree with ready2switch below me
I don't have an opinion on what an opnion is. If you meant "opinion" though, I suggest you avoid any further posting. After all, you wouldn't want to express your opinions would you? Doing so would be "pushing" them as facts, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment