seydurin
May 2, 09:59 AM
Not that I really care about the tracking services...but I wonder if Apple will skip the 3G again with this update...
In case you didn't catch it, 4.2.1 was the last firmware ever for the iPhone 3G. The hardware simply can't handle more features.
In case you didn't catch it, 4.2.1 was the last firmware ever for the iPhone 3G. The hardware simply can't handle more features.
Patrick J
Apr 15, 04:20 PM
Not if the pictures were taken with an iPhone :D
Specially without flash ;)
Specially without flash ;)
arn
Oct 2, 04:39 PM
The problem is that I don't see how it can be iTunes compatible without Apple's involvement. (See above post on Real Harmony). iTunes will only query ITMS for validating a DRMed file, not DoubleTwist or Amazon. Without iTunes things get a lot less compelling.
B
perhaps true... but depends on how it works. if it's just tied to an email address, if they can encode that same email address into the files, it would probably work. Alternatively, it could also mean that someone could come out with a non-iTunes media player that doesn't validate against a server.
arn
B
perhaps true... but depends on how it works. if it's just tied to an email address, if they can encode that same email address into the files, it would probably work. Alternatively, it could also mean that someone could come out with a non-iTunes media player that doesn't validate against a server.
arn
thejadedmonkey
Sep 28, 11:56 AM
It looks so long and narrow...
more...
Jaymes
Mar 28, 02:13 PM
Welcome to 1984.
Aperture
Jan 15, 09:51 PM
As others have said, it may have been funny for one time on the big wall of TVs. Definitely not at a live presentation.
more...
linknprk
Apr 5, 03:26 PM
why does macrumors link to the appshopper description of the app instead of the actual apple link?
Seems like a useless middle step
Seems like a useless middle step
sethypoo
Oct 4, 01:19 AM
I really want Apple to announce the iPhone and preview Leopard more. I recently bought a MacBook Pro, and am interested in some new software.
I hope the iPhone comes out with Verizon, as I feel their service is SO much better than Cingular's. And their customer service has been stellar so far in my experience.
I hope the iPhone comes out with Verizon, as I feel their service is SO much better than Cingular's. And their customer service has been stellar so far in my experience.
more...
CanadaRAM
Jan 12, 12:44 AM
Wow, I just watched the keynote and my god this guy is hard to stand....
i totally agree with you. "aint that just cool?" "probably the best photo management program in the world" he's was pretty hard to stand.
But you watched. Again.
Q.E.D.
i totally agree with you. "aint that just cool?" "probably the best photo management program in the world" he's was pretty hard to stand.
But you watched. Again.
Q.E.D.
bitfactory
Aug 9, 01:10 PM
I'm apple worst nightmare.
[sic]
I'll give you one of those words.
[sic]
I'll give you one of those words.
more...
casperghst42
Aug 1, 02:57 PM
TV shows, in those countries? Well I can only speak for Denmark, as I am stationed here... With their perverted Laws... That won't ever happen... Something called CODA and License, are the real pirates of those countries.
These countries simply didn't deserve to have Apple even thinking about giving them a piece of the fun...
I live in The Netherlands, and I don't have any TV shows either, so it's not only in Denmark, etc. which you can't get them. And as far as I can you can only get them in the US (maybe there are other countries where they are awailable, but there aren't many).
The issue is that ITMS needs to get distribution rights in each and every country where they want to distribute anything, which can be a pain, and for europe the networks might not be interested in making a TV Show available via ITMS before it have been air'ed as they then will loose ad money.
It is not just a simple matter...
As for DRM, one of the reasons for this is going on is that when you download something from ITMS it will only play in either iTunes or on a iPod which is locking the user to a single device.
We where all laughing when the EU fined MS - issue is that Apple is not much better in this case....
I'm a Mac head, but I do not like the DRM Apple is forcing me to live with....
Casper
These countries simply didn't deserve to have Apple even thinking about giving them a piece of the fun...
I live in The Netherlands, and I don't have any TV shows either, so it's not only in Denmark, etc. which you can't get them. And as far as I can you can only get them in the US (maybe there are other countries where they are awailable, but there aren't many).
The issue is that ITMS needs to get distribution rights in each and every country where they want to distribute anything, which can be a pain, and for europe the networks might not be interested in making a TV Show available via ITMS before it have been air'ed as they then will loose ad money.
It is not just a simple matter...
As for DRM, one of the reasons for this is going on is that when you download something from ITMS it will only play in either iTunes or on a iPod which is locking the user to a single device.
We where all laughing when the EU fined MS - issue is that Apple is not much better in this case....
I'm a Mac head, but I do not like the DRM Apple is forcing me to live with....
Casper
Rodimus Prime
Mar 7, 11:10 AM
Also, because of the tight competition, companies are afraid to take risks. Remember when the USB por had just been introduced? This was a real chicken and egg situation for PC makers. No PC maker wants to be the first to switch to all USB ports because (a) it will cost more money to put the new ports into the board, and (b) they know it will annoy customers who will have to buy all peripherals. Customers will simply buy the competing brand because it's cheaper. Now, someone eventually sells a PC with both USB and PS/2 ports so you can slowly start the upgrade trend, but it's slow for all the above reasons.
Same for the floppy drive: nobody wants to be the first to ship without one. It would be seen as being "too different" and cause lost sales to the competition.
Like Knight said Apple did not lead the charge for USB nor floppy drive.
I will argue that Apple dump the floppy drive WAY WAY to soon as there was no suitable replacement out for it yet. With out a floppy drive there was no way to move small files between computers. Hell those first mac that dump the floppy did not even have a CD burner not that CD were good idea to move small files between computers.
At the time they dump the floppy blank CD were a few dollars a piece, Email was text only and if you could send an attachment your inbox size was limited to 2 megs at most.
What kill the floppy was flash drivers becoming cheap and larger insize, being able to email larger attachments and hi speed internet. It required all of those factors to really kill off the floppy drive. I have a old USB floppy drive I have from 2001 that I will hold on to for the just incase. My desktop I built in 2004 I put in a floppy drive. I call it my 10 buck insurance plan. Sadly I have used it several times over the years. Hell I had a teacher in 2007 that required me to turn in a project on a floppy drive. Let me tell you it felt weird going to Office Depot and asking for a floppy drive but oh well. 10 buck insurance plan that paid off multiple times over.
Same for the floppy drive: nobody wants to be the first to ship without one. It would be seen as being "too different" and cause lost sales to the competition.
Like Knight said Apple did not lead the charge for USB nor floppy drive.
I will argue that Apple dump the floppy drive WAY WAY to soon as there was no suitable replacement out for it yet. With out a floppy drive there was no way to move small files between computers. Hell those first mac that dump the floppy did not even have a CD burner not that CD were good idea to move small files between computers.
At the time they dump the floppy blank CD were a few dollars a piece, Email was text only and if you could send an attachment your inbox size was limited to 2 megs at most.
What kill the floppy was flash drivers becoming cheap and larger insize, being able to email larger attachments and hi speed internet. It required all of those factors to really kill off the floppy drive. I have a old USB floppy drive I have from 2001 that I will hold on to for the just incase. My desktop I built in 2004 I put in a floppy drive. I call it my 10 buck insurance plan. Sadly I have used it several times over the years. Hell I had a teacher in 2007 that required me to turn in a project on a floppy drive. Let me tell you it felt weird going to Office Depot and asking for a floppy drive but oh well. 10 buck insurance plan that paid off multiple times over.
more...
PeterQVenkman
Apr 5, 03:02 PM
Is it too late for April Fool's?
Edit - I kinda want a McRib now...
Edit - I kinda want a McRib now...
Patrick J
Apr 15, 04:03 PM
In the second picture, it seems like whoever was doing the editing couldn't quite get the text in the right position. It looks completely off, kinda in a downward slant to the right.
http://www.cheeplinux.com/images/bugfeaturemug.jpe
http://www.cheeplinux.com/images/bugfeaturemug.jpe
more...
Bistroengine
Apr 5, 03:26 PM
no, but you're the only one looking...
Probably, but as I am in the Marketing and Advertising business I will find this quite useful. Many of you are so quick to dismiss the usefulness of this App simply because you don't understand its true purpose.
Probably, but as I am in the Marketing and Advertising business I will find this quite useful. Many of you are so quick to dismiss the usefulness of this App simply because you don't understand its true purpose.
Eidorian
May 3, 11:41 PM
Since I have a variety of Mac laptops, which are my favs, I've reserved my iPads for web browsing only. Now after many months, keeping them simple and basic provides a certain sense of satisfaction.
They're the only devices I don't even sync or backup. In fact, that's the one thing that feels strange. Especially due to the fact I employ multiple backup strategies for all my other computers and phones.
That said, keeping them box stock for browsing only, is very freeing.I do not backup my Macbook anymore. It gathers dust now. :(
Just curious, what is wrong with Air Video?What would I playback? I do not waste the drive space on it either. I grew out of my media hoarding phase nearly a decade ago.
I have not paid for any of my media since I just get it on DVD from the library. Why would I pay for shovel media?
They're the only devices I don't even sync or backup. In fact, that's the one thing that feels strange. Especially due to the fact I employ multiple backup strategies for all my other computers and phones.
That said, keeping them box stock for browsing only, is very freeing.I do not backup my Macbook anymore. It gathers dust now. :(
Just curious, what is wrong with Air Video?What would I playback? I do not waste the drive space on it either. I grew out of my media hoarding phase nearly a decade ago.
I have not paid for any of my media since I just get it on DVD from the library. Why would I pay for shovel media?
more...
ciTiger
Apr 15, 06:13 PM
I love Apple but these are bad news.
The more competition there is the better products get for the end user! :mad:
The more competition there is the better products get for the end user! :mad:

applemacdude
Jan 12, 06:49 PM
who are you kidding? what part of iphone is not previously existed in technology? yay it has a nice UI, like all other apple products, but the hardware?
remind me, again, what's revolutionary about iPhone?
that they were able to put all that together and package it in a consumer friendly way
remind me, again, what's revolutionary about iPhone?
that they were able to put all that together and package it in a consumer friendly way
RipTide1024
Sep 30, 08:29 AM
In the architectural drawing, above the kitchen and below the bedrooms (using the top of the image as up and the bottom of the image as down) there is a rectangular room with an arch inside it. It's not labeled like the rest is. Any ideas what that is?
Initially I thought large pantry due to its location from the kitchen, but the pantry is labeled to the right of that area.
Perhaps a library with round desk / seating? Sitting room with a circular hearth in the middle? Breakfast nook?
Initially I thought large pantry due to its location from the kitchen, but the pantry is labeled to the right of that area.
Perhaps a library with round desk / seating? Sitting room with a circular hearth in the middle? Breakfast nook?
mrblack927
Apr 25, 12:09 PM
No it will go from 4S to 5 lol
I don't think so... They skipped iPhone 2 and iPhone 3 and went right to "iPhone 4" because it was the 4th generation. Why wouldn't they call it iPhone 6 if it's the 6th generation?
I don't think so... They skipped iPhone 2 and iPhone 3 and went right to "iPhone 4" because it was the 4th generation. Why wouldn't they call it iPhone 6 if it's the 6th generation?
Jpog
Apr 16, 04:35 PM
Hello everybody :),
I'm the autor of these pictures. I've made this with 3dsmax and Vray render. Photoshop has been just use to create the noise and resize the pictures.
For the perspective problem on the third pics, it's just a lens distortion of my camera.
Stop search, it's just a 3D render exercise.
I'm happy to see that my work unleashed passions but it's A FAKE.
To have more information, see : http://iphone4fake.over-blog.com
Now we have just to wait June to see the real truth.
(Sorry for my english, i'm french ^^ )
I'm the autor of these pictures. I've made this with 3dsmax and Vray render. Photoshop has been just use to create the noise and resize the pictures.
For the perspective problem on the third pics, it's just a lens distortion of my camera.
Stop search, it's just a 3D render exercise.
I'm happy to see that my work unleashed passions but it's A FAKE.
To have more information, see : http://iphone4fake.over-blog.com
Now we have just to wait June to see the real truth.
(Sorry for my english, i'm french ^^ )
smacsteve
Jan 15, 11:49 PM
I was very disappointed with the keynote. I have no need for an :apple:TV, I am slightly upset that the iPod touch update costs money. The time capsule may be interesting, but nothing I plan on getting anytime soon. I did get excited when the MacBook air was introduced, but then after the keynote when I was checking prices on the BTO parts to see how long until I would have enough money to buy it I realized that it had a glossy screen which I will never buy so what would have been an otherwise almost perfect powerbook 12" replacement was ruined.
I don't think this was meant to be a replacement for the 12" PowerBook that so many have been longing for. I think that we could still see a 13.3" MBP that would be better suited for a power user on the go. Remember that this is a consumer event and we could see something at WWDC or another event to bring back this long awaited item.
I don't think this was meant to be a replacement for the 12" PowerBook that so many have been longing for. I think that we could still see a 13.3" MBP that would be better suited for a power user on the go. Remember that this is a consumer event and we could see something at WWDC or another event to bring back this long awaited item.
Some_Big_Spoon
Nov 16, 12:46 PM
Well, no one said ditching.. I'm sure Apple's got their gear running on all sorts of things, just in case. Where Apple's machines are in the market, the Intel name and specs are far more valuable than AMD, no? Intel's got a fire under them now, and the sleeping giant's gathering steam, so while I'm sure Apple's got many plans, I can't see them expanding x86 suppliers for a long, long time..
But, then again, who wants to watch movies on a 3" screen? :-)
I can't see Apple ditching intel this early somehow.
But, then again, who wants to watch movies on a 3" screen? :-)
I can't see Apple ditching intel this early somehow.
Hephaestus
Mar 17, 07:35 PM
I get it a lot too but I just say "nah, this phone sucks it's the worst phone in the world" and they usually shut up.
They shut up because they have an insecurity about their phone and the iPhone 4 is the better phone. Shooting down a better phone makes their phone seem even worse. It's like a double headshot.
I hate to say it again but haters gon hate! It happens with ANYTHING. If you buy a BMW, Audi owners will waltz in saying "SEE MY CAR HAS THIS STANDARD IT'S WAY BETTER THAN BMW!!!!". If you buy a Rolex you get Omega and TAG Heuer owners going "MY WATCH IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ROLEX BECAUSE IT'S CHEAPER AND IT HAS MORE THINGS IN IT!!!".
It's a thing you have to live with if you buy the most popular, top-of-the-line luxury things. If you can afford it, why not buy it?
the whole thing makes my brain hurt because it's so stupid and I don't care if the guy next to me had an Evo or an iPhone 4. :rolleyes:
That was exactly my point. I don't see why people care so much about what phone someone else has. It's only the Android folks that engage in this, I have yet to see an iPhone owner behave so pathetically.
They shut up because they have an insecurity about their phone and the iPhone 4 is the better phone. Shooting down a better phone makes their phone seem even worse. It's like a double headshot.
I hate to say it again but haters gon hate! It happens with ANYTHING. If you buy a BMW, Audi owners will waltz in saying "SEE MY CAR HAS THIS STANDARD IT'S WAY BETTER THAN BMW!!!!". If you buy a Rolex you get Omega and TAG Heuer owners going "MY WATCH IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ROLEX BECAUSE IT'S CHEAPER AND IT HAS MORE THINGS IN IT!!!".
It's a thing you have to live with if you buy the most popular, top-of-the-line luxury things. If you can afford it, why not buy it?
the whole thing makes my brain hurt because it's so stupid and I don't care if the guy next to me had an Evo or an iPhone 4. :rolleyes:
That was exactly my point. I don't see why people care so much about what phone someone else has. It's only the Android folks that engage in this, I have yet to see an iPhone owner behave so pathetically.
No comments:
Post a Comment