gwangung
Apr 21, 11:49 AM
Once again, people are going off half cocked, without knowing anything about either the law or the technical details (and, sorry, but the details MATTER).
PowerFullMac
Jan 12, 12:22 PM
I agree, I think it will be called the "AirBook".
And you feel so strongly about that you put it in your signature... :D
And you feel so strongly about that you put it in your signature... :D
xUKHCx
Jan 11, 04:55 PM
Leads nicely on from "There's Something in the Air" (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=412600).
If you ask me it is not a very good name.
If you ask me it is not a very good name.
zedsdead
Apr 12, 09:04 PM
So are there any live updates?
aiqw9182
Mar 25, 01:55 PM
That's not the correct answer. The possible answers concerning the documented hardware capabilities are:
- That's not enough for any OpenCL
- That's enough for OpenCL 1.0
- That's enough for OpenCL 1.1
That's not the correct answer? Lol, how much longer are you going to waste my time for? DirectX in it of itself is not related to OpenCL. They are once again, two separate entities. Support for OpenCL 1.0 means support for OpenCL 1.1. DirectCompute was introduced in DX11 but can be used on DX10 hardware.
I've been sitting here correcting your mis-information, false accusations and asking for you to post some OpenCL applications you've been using. Don't respond until you give me an example of your OpenCL workflow. You seem to love AMD's CPU's but likely have never used one seeing as you have said Windows doesn't cut it and Linux "doesn't have enough commercial applications".
- That's not enough for any OpenCL
- That's enough for OpenCL 1.0
- That's enough for OpenCL 1.1
That's not the correct answer? Lol, how much longer are you going to waste my time for? DirectX in it of itself is not related to OpenCL. They are once again, two separate entities. Support for OpenCL 1.0 means support for OpenCL 1.1. DirectCompute was introduced in DX11 but can be used on DX10 hardware.
I've been sitting here correcting your mis-information, false accusations and asking for you to post some OpenCL applications you've been using. Don't respond until you give me an example of your OpenCL workflow. You seem to love AMD's CPU's but likely have never used one seeing as you have said Windows doesn't cut it and Linux "doesn't have enough commercial applications".
iJohnHenry
Feb 28, 09:12 AM
.... that the US car makers still sells trucks, pickups etc. without diesel options is simply a complete lack of any common sense.
Profit and common sense cannot co-exist, apparently. :rolleyes:
Profit and common sense cannot co-exist, apparently. :rolleyes:
mogwia
Oct 24, 06:21 AM
holland down to :) JEEPIE!!! (dreaming of a 17 inch MBP) :) ;) :o :cool:
Keebler
Jul 18, 08:03 AM
i'm not too surprised if this holds true.
1. renting a movie make sense if it's a good quality. you don't buy the movie when you go to a cinema. for someone like myself, a stay-at-home Dad, i often want to hit the theatre, but with 2 kiddies and a home business....not alot of time....but i could dload a movie while the kids are eating lunch/having a nap and then watch it later :) hey, it just bleeds further into developing an impatient society :) ie. . I want it NOW :)
2. of course the movie execs don't want ppl to buy a dloaded movie b/c dvd sales are insanely massive. dvd sales/marketing are now part of the ENTIRE movie process starting at pre-production. they want us to spend the $20 - $30 per dvd and higher for box sets
3. I believe Jobs doesn't want to push the movie execs. they see how the music biz just fought with jobs over trying to increase prices. they want to hold the upper hand imho.
4. i'm joining the whining about not releasing tv shows/movies in other countries. i'm in canada and would love to dload tv shows which i don't get a chance to see. i understand there are legal implications, but i would think that a lg amount of the groundwork would have been done with the music? (I know there may be different issues, but it's driving me nuts :)
Either way, i hope apple does something. they need to lead the charge. people want it.
cheers,
keebler
1. renting a movie make sense if it's a good quality. you don't buy the movie when you go to a cinema. for someone like myself, a stay-at-home Dad, i often want to hit the theatre, but with 2 kiddies and a home business....not alot of time....but i could dload a movie while the kids are eating lunch/having a nap and then watch it later :) hey, it just bleeds further into developing an impatient society :) ie. . I want it NOW :)
2. of course the movie execs don't want ppl to buy a dloaded movie b/c dvd sales are insanely massive. dvd sales/marketing are now part of the ENTIRE movie process starting at pre-production. they want us to spend the $20 - $30 per dvd and higher for box sets
3. I believe Jobs doesn't want to push the movie execs. they see how the music biz just fought with jobs over trying to increase prices. they want to hold the upper hand imho.
4. i'm joining the whining about not releasing tv shows/movies in other countries. i'm in canada and would love to dload tv shows which i don't get a chance to see. i understand there are legal implications, but i would think that a lg amount of the groundwork would have been done with the music? (I know there may be different issues, but it's driving me nuts :)
Either way, i hope apple does something. they need to lead the charge. people want it.
cheers,
keebler
Canerican
Jan 11, 09:07 PM
Everything that Mac makes sells like hotcakes... MS should stick to their defective OS if they want to make their stakeholders happy.
Sean7512
Aug 24, 05:50 PM
Core 2 Duo processors are drop-in replacements for existing Core Duo processors which power the Mac Mini, MacBook, iMac and MacBook Pro.
This article refers to the Mac Mini, not the iMac...
Just taking a guess that it also includes the iMac, well praying :o
This article refers to the Mac Mini, not the iMac...
Just taking a guess that it also includes the iMac, well praying :o
JUiCEJamie
Mar 26, 12:38 PM
AMEN! :D Get this on all iOS devices with the A5 and integrated with the new Apple TV with the A5 and AirPlay and WOW!!! Not just games either, I think apps on the AppleTV will be some sort of hybrid between devices and you will be able to AirPlay the apps to your TV!
This is going to change everything, AGAIN! :cool:
Sounds really awesome! And AppleTV was the first thing on my mind about this too..
Now, I know we're all wishing this to happen.
But is there already a method in place of being able to create this?
Can Developers do this....? But, they haven't got round to it yet?!
Or have Apple not opened this up to be created yet?
This is going to change everything, AGAIN! :cool:
Sounds really awesome! And AppleTV was the first thing on my mind about this too..
Now, I know we're all wishing this to happen.
But is there already a method in place of being able to create this?
Can Developers do this....? But, they haven't got round to it yet?!
Or have Apple not opened this up to be created yet?
tablo13
Sep 18, 01:17 PM
So, the ipod touch 4G is my first iOS device, and I had a bunch of problems putting on the screen protector when I bought the Dermashot. So much in fact, that I ruined the protector. Not seeing any others for sale on the site, I emailed their customer service to inquire when they'd be on sale. They said "soon," but in the meantime they sent me two FREE ones! Love their customer support and the case looks great on mine. :D
Does the protector reduce fingerprints or is it a fingerprint magnet?
Does the protector reduce fingerprints or is it a fingerprint magnet?
.jpg)
e28
Aug 17, 11:40 AM
I don't really see the demand behind adding wireless functionality into the iPod. I think wireless is the buzz word right now and investment managers and industry analysts don't even know what it means.
Bluetooth headphones, if they sound good, and bluetooth syncing is the only function people might use out of this. However, most people charge as they sync, so they would need to connect the iPod to the computer anyway. Bluetooth headphones would need to be charged too, and that is a nuisance.
The only thing semi-useful out of 802.11 is sending audio to airport express. But I use my laptop for that already, so does this really add any functionality? No one I know will be typing in a 256-bit WPA key into their iPod so they can play their iPod music over their friend's airport express, either. At work, I can view and sample my coworker's library on my computer - even when they leave for lunch. And if I like it, I can buy it on iTunes right there. Again, where is the usefulness of a wireless iPod?
I can see how XM radio might be useful to many, even though it doesn't appeal to me. However, I would think Apple would want an exclusive deal if they were to offer this feature.
Bluetooth headphones, if they sound good, and bluetooth syncing is the only function people might use out of this. However, most people charge as they sync, so they would need to connect the iPod to the computer anyway. Bluetooth headphones would need to be charged too, and that is a nuisance.
The only thing semi-useful out of 802.11 is sending audio to airport express. But I use my laptop for that already, so does this really add any functionality? No one I know will be typing in a 256-bit WPA key into their iPod so they can play their iPod music over their friend's airport express, either. At work, I can view and sample my coworker's library on my computer - even when they leave for lunch. And if I like it, I can buy it on iTunes right there. Again, where is the usefulness of a wireless iPod?
I can see how XM radio might be useful to many, even though it doesn't appeal to me. However, I would think Apple would want an exclusive deal if they were to offer this feature.
antmarobel
Mar 31, 12:07 PM
They rearrange themselves at their own will! If I drag one to the right of the other, for instance, another one, completely different, comes to the place where I intended to place the first one...:eek:
Mainyehc
Nov 28, 02:39 PM
What I meant by moderately high ante was the dollars spent, not the product.
I don't think we'll know what MS executives will do when Gates leaves until he's gone. Even Mr. B.
Don't get me wrong - I think the Zune is crap. However it's always foolish to ignore the 800 pound gorilla, even when it's lazy and clueless. They can wake up and buy clues.
Yes, of course... that "gorilla"-thing is a fairly good point. But don't forget about that pervasive M$ corporate culture. I'm not talking about laborious employees, like programmers or designers, which are mostly very talented people (it's not their fault - at least, not of all of them - that they have to deal with dumb business decisions and craptastic 10-20-year-old-code). I'm talking about management, which, as it seems, is quite rotten at Microsoft, and probably not just at the core. And to make things worse, there is no "Jobs" waiting on the wings to salvage Microsoft from itself, and that will be the sole reason why they won't last long (would've Apple had, if not for Steve and NeXT?)...
As for buying clues, sure! Maybe they'll hire someone from outside. But naaah, they're too proud to change their ways, I guess... They didn't do it in 20 years time, so why would they now? Sure, the XBox was a small glimpse of "innovation" (albeit not THAT useful for their survival as a company), but meh, a bit lackluster while compared with iPod+iTunes (which, ironically, were partly developed by outsiders) and the effect they had on Apple...
And as for their investment, I STILL don't get it! I mean, they didn't even bother about condensing the Zune to be more attractive... Is its thickness a side effect of having a WiFi chip inside, or a reflex of M$'s design team's incompetence at "refreshing" a 3rd party product? Was it an item SO EXPENSIVE to "develop"? And they didn't took the steps to develop an interesting alternative to the click wheel, anyway. AND its interface, from what I can tell (I haven't had the chance to try it yet, as I live in Europe... :rolleyes: :D ), is nothing special, it's just an iPod-like menu scheme with some wallpapers plastered underneath it... Big deal!
Look at the nano and the shuffle (and even the 5G). Now there are some examples of some impressive and probably expensive industrial design...
I don't think we'll know what MS executives will do when Gates leaves until he's gone. Even Mr. B.
Don't get me wrong - I think the Zune is crap. However it's always foolish to ignore the 800 pound gorilla, even when it's lazy and clueless. They can wake up and buy clues.
Yes, of course... that "gorilla"-thing is a fairly good point. But don't forget about that pervasive M$ corporate culture. I'm not talking about laborious employees, like programmers or designers, which are mostly very talented people (it's not their fault - at least, not of all of them - that they have to deal with dumb business decisions and craptastic 10-20-year-old-code). I'm talking about management, which, as it seems, is quite rotten at Microsoft, and probably not just at the core. And to make things worse, there is no "Jobs" waiting on the wings to salvage Microsoft from itself, and that will be the sole reason why they won't last long (would've Apple had, if not for Steve and NeXT?)...
As for buying clues, sure! Maybe they'll hire someone from outside. But naaah, they're too proud to change their ways, I guess... They didn't do it in 20 years time, so why would they now? Sure, the XBox was a small glimpse of "innovation" (albeit not THAT useful for their survival as a company), but meh, a bit lackluster while compared with iPod+iTunes (which, ironically, were partly developed by outsiders) and the effect they had on Apple...
And as for their investment, I STILL don't get it! I mean, they didn't even bother about condensing the Zune to be more attractive... Is its thickness a side effect of having a WiFi chip inside, or a reflex of M$'s design team's incompetence at "refreshing" a 3rd party product? Was it an item SO EXPENSIVE to "develop"? And they didn't took the steps to develop an interesting alternative to the click wheel, anyway. AND its interface, from what I can tell (I haven't had the chance to try it yet, as I live in Europe... :rolleyes: :D ), is nothing special, it's just an iPod-like menu scheme with some wallpapers plastered underneath it... Big deal!
Look at the nano and the shuffle (and even the 5G). Now there are some examples of some impressive and probably expensive industrial design...
retroneo
Aug 29, 10:17 AM
UPDATE:
It looks like the GMA X3000 is ready to go now
GMA X3000 is ready in the soon to ship G965 for Conroe desktops, but the mobile GM965 "Santa Rosa" for Merom isn't due until March 2007. GM965 also features "Robson" flash technology. New Meroms also arrive in March with the same clock speed but 800MHz system bus.
It looks like the GMA X3000 is ready to go now
GMA X3000 is ready in the soon to ship G965 for Conroe desktops, but the mobile GM965 "Santa Rosa" for Merom isn't due until March 2007. GM965 also features "Robson" flash technology. New Meroms also arrive in March with the same clock speed but 800MHz system bus.
hyperpasta
Sep 1, 02:37 PM
Mac Mini - low end machine good for offices as a small server or low end word processing workstation.
iMac - All in one consumer machine - no upgradeability
"Mac" - Prosumer gamer machine - some upgradeablity
Mac Pro - Full fledged workstation for those who need all the power they can get.
But I want to see the iMac and "Mac" be equal in power- both available in both consumer to presumer configurations! I also want the Mac mini done away with and replaced with the "Mac" you speak of... it's too small for its own good. The G4 cube should be brought back, this time as a consumer/prosumer machine, replacing the Mac mini.
Basically, Apple needs to snap out of it and realize that there is a market for a headless and integrated machines at EVERY PRICE... I want a prosumer iMac, personally.
iMac - All in one consumer machine - no upgradeability
"Mac" - Prosumer gamer machine - some upgradeablity
Mac Pro - Full fledged workstation for those who need all the power they can get.
But I want to see the iMac and "Mac" be equal in power- both available in both consumer to presumer configurations! I also want the Mac mini done away with and replaced with the "Mac" you speak of... it's too small for its own good. The G4 cube should be brought back, this time as a consumer/prosumer machine, replacing the Mac mini.
Basically, Apple needs to snap out of it and realize that there is a market for a headless and integrated machines at EVERY PRICE... I want a prosumer iMac, personally.

BlizzardBomb
Aug 29, 09:45 AM
Merom doesn't cost the same as Yonah! Merom costs the same now as Yonah did WHEN IT WAS RELEASED. Since then the cost has gone down and is supposed to dip lower in the coming weeks. Apple could use Yonah in the Mini and lower the price to where it used to stand.
Nonono, Merom costs the same as Yonah's June price points which are still here even with Merom out in the wild.
Nonono, Merom costs the same as Yonah's June price points which are still here even with Merom out in the wild.
Xpress
Apr 2, 11:42 PM
My backlight bleeds
Mine did too. Returned it to Apple, got a new one in 10 days. No bleeding.:D
Mine did too. Returned it to Apple, got a new one in 10 days. No bleeding.:D
mdatwood
Apr 26, 01:53 PM
This annoys me, no way in hell should another plagerist company be allowed to ride apples high, why should they, c'mon mac users get behind apple on this one.
On mac computers we've always had "Applications", windows have had "programs", when apple made the iPhone they put mini applications on it and called them Apps which is short for small Applications, so amazon call yours PROGS and call it a Progstore but don't STEAL man !remember the widgets on your macs they are where the idea for the Apps on Iphones came from, Windows came along and stole the Widgets idea and initially called them Gadgets but now every other copycat calls them Widgets too, the same is happening again man it's bull, apple sue these leeches all of them.
Many X windows WMs had widgets back in the mid 90s, maybe earlier. It's so funny to see people think that companies invented this or that and you just have to look back to unix/linux to find the real origins of the idea.
On mac computers we've always had "Applications", windows have had "programs", when apple made the iPhone they put mini applications on it and called them Apps which is short for small Applications, so amazon call yours PROGS and call it a Progstore but don't STEAL man !remember the widgets on your macs they are where the idea for the Apps on Iphones came from, Windows came along and stole the Widgets idea and initially called them Gadgets but now every other copycat calls them Widgets too, the same is happening again man it's bull, apple sue these leeches all of them.
Many X windows WMs had widgets back in the mid 90s, maybe earlier. It's so funny to see people think that companies invented this or that and you just have to look back to unix/linux to find the real origins of the idea.
4God
Nov 27, 03:22 PM
If I remember correctly, Job's intent of the Mini was BYOM,K,M.
(Bring your own monitor, keyboard and mouse) The mini is for those
who already have these things. Get an iMac instead. In other words,
I see no need for a 17" monitor - especially wide screen. :rolleyes:
A 17" iMac would be less expensive than a Mini and a 17" monitor plus
you would get dedicated graphics.
(Bring your own monitor, keyboard and mouse) The mini is for those
who already have these things. Get an iMac instead. In other words,
I see no need for a 17" monitor - especially wide screen. :rolleyes:
A 17" iMac would be less expensive than a Mini and a 17" monitor plus
you would get dedicated graphics.
Flowbee
Jan 11, 09:27 PM
i personaly would go wiht the ipod becuse it is made by apple witch...
Apple witch?
Apple witch?
bluewire
Sep 1, 12:04 PM
man have i been waiting for this one. the 12th would be great, have a shot at the iPod offer too. W00T
Multimedia
Sep 6, 12:09 PM
Whree is FireWire 800?On the iMac 24". :pAt least two FireWire ports, please.You can buy a FW Hub with 3 or more for $30.And a true 7200 rpm fast drive.Buy a 400GB PATA Drive at Fry's on a holiday for $100 and put it in a $30 FW Case. You can even boot off it by cloning your internal to the outside.What? No Core2 Duo? Why? The Core2 Duo costs the same as the Core Duo, according to Intel's price list. Is there a shortage of the Core2 chips, was Apple committed to purchasing a certain number of Core Duos, or was whoever decided to go with this configuration just temporarily insane?Supply. As soon as there are enough Core 2 Duos coming at Apple to fulfill their needs for the iMacs, MacBook Pros and MacBook then Apple will switch to Merom in the mini I think by Thanksgiving. It's a cool move by Apple 'cause they are immediately offering the speed bumps that they were planning for the Core 2 Duo version now instead of when they switch the chip once they get enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment