Unggoy Murderer
Apr 3, 02:54 AM
That's probably one of the most powerful adverts I've ever seen. Apple really are geniuses, no wonder competitors think "How the ***** do they do it?".
thejadedmonkey
Aug 7, 06:11 AM
For the sake of those who want to remain surprised until we see the video, there should be a page on MacRumors that says "will post link when video available" - so I can just check that page for the video to be uploaded later in the day. I plan to completely avoid all news until I see the video.
Can somebody do this?
This should help..
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents/
Can somebody do this?
This should help..
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents/
AppleScruff1
Apr 23, 12:15 PM
If that is your idea of fun, you really need to get out more.
See my post above for innocuous reasoning behind all of this. It's nothing like as sinister as you would like to believe. Data is not being sent back to Apple.
An undocumented source proves your point, but Apple makes no reply to the allegations? I thought it was a "bug" in the software? And some police departments have known about it for a while too.
See my post above for innocuous reasoning behind all of this. It's nothing like as sinister as you would like to believe. Data is not being sent back to Apple.
An undocumented source proves your point, but Apple makes no reply to the allegations? I thought it was a "bug" in the software? And some police departments have known about it for a while too.
1984
Aug 29, 12:30 PM
World Class CLIO Material? It's just another iPod/iTunes ad.
rog
Jan 3, 03:47 PM
My predictions:
Price cuts across the board for Macs. Mini starts at $399 to compete with low cost wintel machines. 24" iMac @$1499. 17"MacBook @$2199. I think iMacs will go quad core except the $699 model, MacPros will be in 2 configs at 8 core, and 1 config at 16 core for $2499. Ship date for 10.5. Early preview of unnamed next generation OS due in early 2009. New iLife and iWork of course. No iPhone or updated iPods.
Also a 10.5" (1152x768) ultraportable 2.5lb MacBookMini.
Price cuts across the board for Macs. Mini starts at $399 to compete with low cost wintel machines. 24" iMac @$1499. 17"MacBook @$2199. I think iMacs will go quad core except the $699 model, MacPros will be in 2 configs at 8 core, and 1 config at 16 core for $2499. Ship date for 10.5. Early preview of unnamed next generation OS due in early 2009. New iLife and iWork of course. No iPhone or updated iPods.
Also a 10.5" (1152x768) ultraportable 2.5lb MacBookMini.

wordoflife
Nov 27, 09:36 AM
I bought it on a friend's store@45eur but it is available @50eur on almost every watch store.
Check it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSP6Qj8PDk).
I can get it for $65 from Swatch. I'm not sure where else I can buy it in the US. I like it, but I'm not sure how good it looks in person. I'm not sure if I am a fan of those glow in the dark hands either.
Check it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSP6Qj8PDk).
I can get it for $65 from Swatch. I'm not sure where else I can buy it in the US. I like it, but I'm not sure how good it looks in person. I'm not sure if I am a fan of those glow in the dark hands either.
MacBoobsPro
Nov 28, 10:04 AM
Tits Up very zoon!
They should of marketed it as a Video player that plays music. That way it distinguishes itself from the iPod which is a music player that plays video. Sounds crazy but in marketing terms they are two completely different things and MS could of capitalised on this a little.
They should of marketed it as a Video player that plays music. That way it distinguishes itself from the iPod which is a music player that plays video. Sounds crazy but in marketing terms they are two completely different things and MS could of capitalised on this a little.
toddybody
Apr 21, 12:26 PM
Whats really concerning is, Apple purposefully coded this function into (cellular) iOS devices (not sure if wifi models track similar information through IP)
The point is, this is both subversive and intrusive. Yes, I know we gave them a free ticket to do this in our T&C...but the fact that this collection is completely unnecessary for the consumer, Im very suspicious of the motivations behind it.
The point is, this is both subversive and intrusive. Yes, I know we gave them a free ticket to do this in our T&C...but the fact that this collection is completely unnecessary for the consumer, Im very suspicious of the motivations behind it.
Veinticinco
Apr 3, 03:56 AM
That's probably one of the most powerful adverts I've ever seen. Apple really are geniuses, no wonder competitors think "How the ***** do they do it?".
You need to get out more. Seriously.
You need to get out more. Seriously.
Josias
Nov 27, 01:42 PM
Do you think such a display would sport a pwning! S-IPS panel as the other Cinema Displays, or would it be throttled down to a Dell style S-PVA panel?:D
I willy, willy hope for:
17" (1680x1050), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 600:1, iSight, 400 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 2xFireWire400 - $399.
20" (1920x1200), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 700:1, iSight, 500 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 2xFireWire400 - $699.
24" (some res. I can't remember), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 700:1, iSight, 500 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 1xFireWire400, 1xFireWire 800 - $999.
30" (some res. I can't remember), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 700:1, iSight, 500 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 1xFireWire400, 1xFireWire 800 - $1999.
:D :D :D
I willy, willy hope for:
17" (1680x1050), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 600:1, iSight, 400 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 2xFireWire400 - $399.
20" (1920x1200), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 700:1, iSight, 500 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 2xFireWire400 - $699.
24" (some res. I can't remember), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 700:1, iSight, 500 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 1xFireWire400, 1xFireWire 800 - $999.
30" (some res. I can't remember), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 700:1, iSight, 500 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 1xFireWire400, 1xFireWire 800 - $1999.
:D :D :D
yac_moda
Jul 19, 08:44 PM
But, look at it from the other angle. If Vista and Leopard does not look all that different, why switch to a Mac? Tiger would be a bit more user friendly to maintain, iLife might end up being less buggy, but you gotta balance that againts the "fear of the unknown", repurchasing some of your software and lack of close friends etc. to "borrow" software from. I am not that upbeat about 2007 for OSX.
MS is functioning with BG for the FIRST TIME, they have lost their IDOL their reason for being -- will they go insane :confused:
WHAT is the historical precedence for this :confused: :confused:
Lets see Japan lost their GOD, their king after WW2, replaced him with MacArthur who rebuilt their industry, but for a long time THEY JUST COPIED AMERICAN GOODS even though they had newer equipment.
HHHMMM !!! Could this mean the MS will collapse because they spent their best years copying everything tech !?!?!?!?
NO ! I think they will emerge eventually as a new company, BUT FIRST THEY WILL HAVE TO QUIT COMPUTERS !!
A new company that builds all things based on thar XBox.
And things won't work out until they jettison Balmer :D
MS is functioning with BG for the FIRST TIME, they have lost their IDOL their reason for being -- will they go insane :confused:
WHAT is the historical precedence for this :confused: :confused:
Lets see Japan lost their GOD, their king after WW2, replaced him with MacArthur who rebuilt their industry, but for a long time THEY JUST COPIED AMERICAN GOODS even though they had newer equipment.
HHHMMM !!! Could this mean the MS will collapse because they spent their best years copying everything tech !?!?!?!?
NO ! I think they will emerge eventually as a new company, BUT FIRST THEY WILL HAVE TO QUIT COMPUTERS !!
A new company that builds all things based on thar XBox.
And things won't work out until they jettison Balmer :D
Peterkro
Mar 19, 04:37 PM
Nice edit. CNN was first. :p
The edit wasn't supposed to suggest the Beeb got it first it's just where I saw it. There really isn't a "we got if first" thing in news reporting, stuff tends to come first on the wire services and video comes from essentially auction centres (I know of two one in Atlanta and one in London ) which within seconds sells "exclusive" images on the open market.Al Jaz gets something and it's on Beeb/Cnn etc within minutes for example.
The edit wasn't supposed to suggest the Beeb got it first it's just where I saw it. There really isn't a "we got if first" thing in news reporting, stuff tends to come first on the wire services and video comes from essentially auction centres (I know of two one in Atlanta and one in London ) which within seconds sells "exclusive" images on the open market.Al Jaz gets something and it's on Beeb/Cnn etc within minutes for example.
appleguy123
Jun 22, 09:11 PM
Ah yes. A porn free, tightly censored, code controlled desktop machine. That's what everyone wants right? :rolleyes:
Actually maybe.
Actually maybe.
iAlan
Jul 14, 01:37 AM
Bluray (or Blu-ray - not sure how to write it yet) will win because it sounds way cooler to say 'Bluray' than 'HD-DVD' :p
And we all know how important a name can be - can you say 'MacBook'? :p :p
And we all know how important a name can be - can you say 'MacBook'? :p :p
JimEJr
Apr 21, 02:10 PM
Yea, we're all safe now...Al's come to the rescue!!!
dmaxdmax
Nov 28, 10:41 AM
I was in a Best Buy the day before Thanksgiving and an employee told me they sold 4 Zunes that morning because they were out of stock on iPods. More were to be delivered that afternoon so he expected iPods to rule Friday. (as well they should)
For MS the Zune is as much about strategy as anything. If they believe it's a necessary product it will be easy to justify extraordinary marketing spending. Apple has shown them there is no shame in a 5% market share if you believe in your product and have patience.
MS hasn't bet the farm on anything. It bought into the game with a moderately high ante and has many many chips in its stack. Just because they aren't usually smart doesn't mean they will always be stupid. It could come down to Gates' successor's vision which won't be known til he's sitting in the big chair.
For MS the Zune is as much about strategy as anything. If they believe it's a necessary product it will be easy to justify extraordinary marketing spending. Apple has shown them there is no shame in a 5% market share if you believe in your product and have patience.
MS hasn't bet the farm on anything. It bought into the game with a moderately high ante and has many many chips in its stack. Just because they aren't usually smart doesn't mean they will always be stupid. It could come down to Gates' successor's vision which won't be known til he's sitting in the big chair.
KilGil27
Sep 6, 07:08 PM
It costs me nothing to walk into town (about 10 minutes) or bike (5) and pick up a DVD at the municipal library for �1.50. Occasionally I'll copy it to my hard disk if I didn't have the time I thought I would have to watch it and watch it later, then delete it.
Unlike music, you rarely watch a movie twice. Why buy or store these on your hard disk for longer than it takes to view it?
I've not bought a movie since 1995 on VHS. It's was just kind of silly having them litter up your shelves then and your hard disk now.
you don't watch movies more than twice? I feel bad for you...
Unlike music, you rarely watch a movie twice. Why buy or store these on your hard disk for longer than it takes to view it?
I've not bought a movie since 1995 on VHS. It's was just kind of silly having them litter up your shelves then and your hard disk now.
you don't watch movies more than twice? I feel bad for you...
gugy
Nov 15, 10:35 AM
cool
it's coming soon to a mac near you!
it's coming soon to a mac near you!
LimeiBook86
Nov 27, 03:56 PM
A 17" LCD screen made by Apple would be a good deal for people buying Mac Minis but, the price would have to be just right in order for people to actually thing of buying an Apple LCD rather than another brand LCD that they can get cheaper. Also I don't think Apple would want to cannibalize their sales for the iMac. The Mac Mini with a 17" LCD screen (maybe a built-in iSight, although that would raise the price) is roughly the same specs as a 17" iMac ($1,199 model). Except the iMac has a dedicated ATI Graphics Chipset, a larger Hard Drive, and a few more add-ons (Keyboard, Mouse etc)
If Apple were to do this they would have to be pretty careful. I can't see Apple doing this in the near future, although I do agree a 20" LCD screen as a starting size is a bit high, and so is the price. But, don't get me wrong, I love the 20" LCD panel in my iMac. I just think Apple might see a demand for a smaller size, cheaper LCD screen. :)
If Apple were to do this they would have to be pretty careful. I can't see Apple doing this in the near future, although I do agree a 20" LCD screen as a starting size is a bit high, and so is the price. But, don't get me wrong, I love the 20" LCD panel in my iMac. I just think Apple might see a demand for a smaller size, cheaper LCD screen. :)
aaps59
Feb 7, 04:24 PM
2005 LR3 SE, mountain road in Northern New Hampshire
Farns514
Jan 5, 06:12 PM
With or without integrated M249s? :D
2011 Subaru Legacy. Our first Subaru. So impressed we're selling the other cars and buying a 2011 Outback for my wife!
http://media.il.edmunds-media.com/subaru/legacy/2010/ns/2010_subaru_legacy_prf_ns_51410_717.jpg
It's not a fancy looking car, in fact it looks easily can be mistaken for any other boring sedan from GM/Ford/Toyota/Honda/Nissan.
Im jealous, im regretting not getting a Subaru Legacy. I got a 2010 Ford Fusion, should have got the legacy for the good looks and the AWD.
2011 Subaru Legacy. Our first Subaru. So impressed we're selling the other cars and buying a 2011 Outback for my wife!
http://media.il.edmunds-media.com/subaru/legacy/2010/ns/2010_subaru_legacy_prf_ns_51410_717.jpg
It's not a fancy looking car, in fact it looks easily can be mistaken for any other boring sedan from GM/Ford/Toyota/Honda/Nissan.
Im jealous, im regretting not getting a Subaru Legacy. I got a 2010 Ford Fusion, should have got the legacy for the good looks and the AWD.
macintel4me
Sep 1, 03:53 PM
What "This" is This? You need to include a link with your references please? We can't read your mind. :confused:
I think "This" is this thread; "23-inch iMac on Sept 12th?".
I think "This" is this thread; "23-inch iMac on Sept 12th?".
hyperpasta
Jul 18, 10:23 AM
World Wide DEVELOPER Conference.
This is great news, but if you look at the TS article, it says that they expect not only a movie rental service but also a new iPod nano at WWDC.
WWDC is big enough with Leopard and the Mac Pro... two groundbreaking new products of interest to developers. These iPod announcements would be perfect for a press event in September or October... cheaper or capacity-upgraded full-size iPods, new iPod nanos, iTunes 7 with movie rentals, and maybe new MacBook Pro's and iMacs using Merom and Conroe.
That would make a kickass special event. Or maybe use Apple Expo Paris for that. But please, I don't think they'll totally overload WWDC and turn it into a circus... its a developer conference!
This is great news, but if you look at the TS article, it says that they expect not only a movie rental service but also a new iPod nano at WWDC.
WWDC is big enough with Leopard and the Mac Pro... two groundbreaking new products of interest to developers. These iPod announcements would be perfect for a press event in September or October... cheaper or capacity-upgraded full-size iPods, new iPod nanos, iTunes 7 with movie rentals, and maybe new MacBook Pro's and iMacs using Merom and Conroe.
That would make a kickass special event. Or maybe use Apple Expo Paris for that. But please, I don't think they'll totally overload WWDC and turn it into a circus... its a developer conference!
mc68k
Nov 19, 01:16 PM
man i wonder how many watts it runs at full load
http://forums.macnn.com/65/mac-pro-and-power-mac/306288/mac-pro-power-supply-wattage/
^ this thread has some diff opinions on the PS wattage, some ppl saying 1KW some saying 1.5KW
http://forums.macnn.com/65/mac-pro-and-power-mac/306288/mac-pro-power-supply-wattage/
^ this thread has some diff opinions on the PS wattage, some ppl saying 1KW some saying 1.5KW
No comments:
Post a Comment